Chapter 12

As I'm waking up, I check my phone and see I have multiple missed calls from my mother. I have no interest in calling her back, let alone seeing her. I look over and see Adyms face and it brings a smile to mine. I'm so numb, I feel nothing whatsoever. All I know is that this boy in front of me is my everything, and I don't want to lose him. I decide to leave a note and tell him I'll be back later. I don't want to wake him up. "See you soon xx." The note reads. I decide to head to the nearest grocery store and pick up something to eat. I know there is a toaster in my room, so some toaster waffles could do. I get out of my door and walk to the store, before I know it, people are taking photos of me and asking me questions about Adym. "Are you two dating?" "Where is he" "Did you break up?" "Did you see the photos of him and the girl in the club last night?" I stop and say, "What are you talking about?" One of the camera men show me the photos of him making out with some random girl I've never seen. I feel myself get angry, and I look at the cameras and say. "This is what you want, answers! You'll get them. I don't know who Adym Yorba is, I thought I did, but I guess I was wrong. We are not dating, and I don't think we ever really will. I just want him to be happy, that's all I ever wanted." I walk into the store and run to the back in hopes of getting away from all the people. I run into a bathroom and just let out all of my emotions. I'm crying, yelling, and punching walls. I'm just so tired, all I want to do is forget about everyone and everything. I came here to find out why Adym didn't want me to move in, and I fell in love. This wasn't the plan, this was not what I wanted to do to myself. I just want a place of my own at this point, I don't want to move in with Adym. This is making things too complicated for us, and may be what I said will ruin us. But hey, he ruined us first. I come out of the bathroom and grab the damn toaster waffles. I head up to be check lanes and buy them. I get back into my car and feel dreadful. I don't want to go back into the room with Adym. I don't want to see his beautiful face, I don't want to see his caring brown eyes, I don't want to see his perfect smile, I don't want to see him. I need too.

I head into the motel room and see Adym is watching TV. "Hey gorgeous, what did you get?" I decide to be snarky and say, "Oh you know, just info." He laughs and says, "No, in the bag." I throw the bag at him and he says ouch in a joking manner. "Are you okay?" He questions. "Where were you last night when I called you?" Adym seems nervous, "I was at home." His voice is shaky and he puts his hands in his pockets. I laugh at his lie and say, "Bullshit. Someone took photos of you making out with some girl at the club last night." Adyms jaw drops and he says, "I was drunk, I'm sorry. Wait, why am I explaining this to you, we're not even together?" The last piece of my heart that was managing to beat shattered. "You're right, I also want to let you know I'm move out. I found a place of my own." I bluff. I am moving out, but I haven't found a place. Adym says, "What, no? You just got here, please don't do this Kat." I smile and say, "You did this Yorba, you pushed me away once again. You lie to make me feel better and when I find out the truth, it all comes crashing down on you. It doesn't feel too good, does it?" He clenches his jaw and says, "Don't call me that." I look at him and say, "Take care, Ricco." I walk out the door and back to my car. I need to find somewhere to stay that isn't with Adym. I need to go back to his place and grab my things, but that's all the way out in Van Nuys. I decide to make the drive back out there to get my things and go.

*2 hours later*

I'm back in Van Nuys and at Adyms place getting my things. Rebecca notices me getting all of my things together and says, "Where are you going?" I reply, "Anywhere but here." She questions, "Do you want to move in with me?" I look at her baffled, "You're fucking with me Rebecca, don't mess with me." She laughs and says, "No, I'm serious. I know we have had a rough past and so far a shitty comeback, but that's on me. Let me do something good for you, for us. I want to be friends again. We were best friends in middle school. Then when we went to high school, you left me for Adym. Don't you remember?" She is right when I think about it, I left her in the dark. I decide to take her offer and she hugs me, "Come on, I'll help you get your things." It's not a place of my own, but I guess I forgive and forget this one time. Cheers to a new future.