Chapter 30

We make our way home after all the insanity that just happened. We have no car, so we have to walk. It's not too far away, so it shouldn't be long. About twenty minutes pass and we arrive at the apartment. We walk in and Rebecca looks at me strange, "What happened" she announces. I look her in the eyes and say, "I don't really know." I walk past her into my room and lay on the bed. My shoulder isn't hurting so bad anymore, so I guess that's a plus. Adym comes in behind me and I look at him. At the same time we speak, but we say two different things. I say, "I love you" and he says, "I need space." He leaves the room and I hear him walk outside the front door. I can't help but cry. I've always wanted to be good for him and I've always wanted to be the one who makes him happy. He's my everything, I can't lose him. I run outside of the apartment and yell for him, "Adym, please!" He turns the key in his car and speeds off without even looking at me. My heart hurts from the emotional pain and I scream out in agony. Why can't we make each other happy? Why is Luke involved in any of this? I go back to the apartment and grab my keys. "Rebecca, wanna go to the club?" She looks at Sawyer and says, "Can he come?" I nod my head in agreement and they get dressed.

We make our way to the club and we get let right in. All I can see is smoke and all I can hear is loud music and the sound of young adults partying. I make my way to the bar and say, "Can I get a White Russian?" The bartender says, "I can tell you're not 21, but sure." I blush a bit and say thanks. "What are you doing in a club like this?" He asks. I reply, "I just needed to get away for a second." He chuckles, "This will only make it worse, but go ahead. I'm going on my break in a bit, want to dance." I smile and say, "Of course, but I do want to let you know I'm seeing someone." He looks around me and says, "Oh, well I don't see you with him." I roll my eyes and say, "I'll be on the dance floor." He follows me there and we dance really well together, nothing like grinding or sexual, just having fun. I see Sawyer and Rebecca in the corner having a great time and she is being a little freak for him. I laugh and I point at them and the bartender laughs, "Hey, what's your name?" He says. I say back, "Kat, yours?" He says, "Matt, pleasure to meet you." I look at my phone and see it's past midnight. I wave my new friend goodbye and make it over to my old companions. "Hey, let's get out of here." Rebecca slurs, "No, you're no fun!" I tug her and say, "Come on!" Sawyer even says, "Let's go, babe." Rebecca says, "God, if I knew you'd be this lame I would have never payed Adym."

What?

"What does that mean?" Sawyer says, "Rebecca stop." I say, "No, tell me!" She smiles and says, "When we went to City Walk, I payed Adym to kiss you that night. You seemed lonely." My heart hurts, he didn't even want to kiss me that night. It was all just a setup? I'm out of here, fuck everyone in this building, except for Matt, he seems nice. Why does everything good suddenly turn to a raging fire? I don't care anymore, I'm calling a taxi and staying in a hotel for the night.

(A.N- I'm so sorry for the short chapter, school is stressing me right now. Just trying to graduate high school, please understand. THANK YOU ALL FOR 10K YALL AMAZING!)