Chapter 3

Seeing Adyms jaw drop almost to the ground made me smirk. "You really thought you could just leave that easily? Ha." Adym looks over at the girl he was with and she looks at him with disgust. She probably figured we were dating, but she still got her waist free from his arm and left. I walk forward to Adym, not even knowing what I was going to say. I was probably more scared than him, I can just cover my emotions better. "K-kat, I can explain" he stutters. "Explain?" I question. "Explain to me how you think you can just lie to my face and then leave me in the dark, explain that to me Yorba." Adym gets close to my face, "Don't call me that Kat, you know I hate that." I can practically feel the vexed tension between us. I've only seen Adym like this a few times, and it's scary but incredibly hot at the same time. I smirk once again, "I know, that's why I said it. I want to make you angry." He looks at me with disgust, "who are you? This is not the Kat I am best friends with." I laugh to cover up my sadness, "touché, Ricco." I grab his arm and drag him outside the establishment. "Explain" I stammer. Adym looks down at the ground because he's too nervous to look me in the eye. "ADYM" I yell. He makes eye contact with me and doesn't look away. "Tell me why you did this to me, now." I see him put his hands in his pocket and his lips quiver. "I'm getting really impatient, just like when I was knocking at your door earlier waiting for you. Your mom was really sweet." He looks annoyed and avoids the question saying, "why were you talking to her?" I say back angrily, "I was trying to find out where you were! She said this is so unlike you and boy, do I agree!" He takes one of his hands out of his pocket and tries to caress my face with his palm. Before our skin could make contact, I hit his arm, causing it to fall back to his hip. "Ow, I guess I deserve that." I can't handle it anymore, I can't cover up my pain with sarcasm. As I start to speak, tears run down my face and I choke on my words, "No Adym, you deserve a great life and obviously you don't want me in it. For years I have given you my friendship and it it's obvious it was all taken for granted. You deserve to get that record deal you were talking about, you deserve a supportive fan base, but most importantly, you don't deserve me." I jog back to my car, knowing I was leaving my best friend. I stop dead in my tracks because I hear him choke out the word, "please." I turn around and sarcastically say, "what could you possibly want from me, we're no longer friends. We're ---" he cuts me off by running up to me and embracing me in his arms with a hug. I try to push him off of me, but he's bigger and stronger than me. I decide not to waste my energy and just stand there. "Hug me back!" he exclaims. I refuse to and so he grabs my arms and forces them around him. I'm standing in an In-N-Out parking lot crying, hugging my best friend, or whatever he is. He releases me and looks deep in my eyes. I can tell his sorrowful brown eyes mean well, but he still hurt me. His lips move and form the words, "come home, I'll explain more." My whole body is emotionally and physically exhausted, so I hand him my keys and make him drive us home. Home. This is my home, our home? Did he mean that? I don't care anymore, I just want to sleep.