Chapter 22

I slowly wake up to a painful stinging in my shoulder. My eyes look across the room and I recognize the environment. I realize I'm in a hospital and I'm scared. I don't know what happened and why I'm here, so I start to freak out. I pull needles out of my arm and I'm screaming for help and nurses come and hold me down. They try to explain to me what happened, but I'm just so afraid. "Where's Adym!" I yell. "Where is he!" Nurses yell, "He's right outside your door, we will get him if you calm down!" I slowly back down and lay in my bed once again. The door opens and Adym, Rebecca, and Sawyer come in. A nurse says, "Please don't hug her hard, she was stabbed and will be in pain for a while. She was 2 inches away from hitting an artery. She's lucky." My eyes widen and I'm petrified, "I got stabbed?" Then my mind takes me back to when it happened hours ago. Everything is a blur but I remember the whisper, "He's mine." I remember running after her and then falling down because I couldn't feel my legs. I remember Adym, he's crying. I come back to reality and look at everyone. They look like they're afraid of me. I try to reach for Adym, but he jolts away. I look at Rebecca and she won't even look me in the eyes. Sawyer walks outside and they all leave me. I'm yelling, "Adym, please!" "Anybody!" The door closed and I'm left alone. The door opens once again and it's the girl from the meet and greet, she has a knife. She says once and for all, "He's mine!" and is about to stab me and then

I wake up.

What the fuck. Was that all a nightmare? I look around, I'm in the hospital. I actually got stabbed. I look and see Adym, Sawyer, Rebecca, and to my surprise, Jack. Adym says, "Guys, she's awake!" They all crowd me and although I am agitated about the nightmare, I need them more than ever. Adym leans over the bed and kisses me, "I'm so sorry Kat, I love you." I smile and look over at everyone. I ask, "So, when can I leave?" They all chuckle for a bit and they run to ask a nurse. A nurse comes in and says, "You need to fill out dismissal papers and we will provide you with a prescription for the pain just for today, but then you'll need to go to your local pharmacy to get them." I nod my head in agreement and ask for the papers. She hands me them and here I go, signing away. It takes about 30 minutes for me to finish signing everything and I hand it back to the nurse. She hands me my medication and I ask what she is giving me. She replied, "Oxycodon." My whole body shuts down and I say, "Can everyone except the nurse leave please? I need to talk to her." They all respect my wishes and they wait outside. I tell her, "About four years ago, I use to be addicted to pain medication. Oxycodon was a big factor in it, will taking this make me want to use it more?" She replied back, "I honestly do not think so, but have someone manage your medication just in case. If you ever feel like you are relapsing, call this number. They have support groups for you to go to." She hands me a card for NA (Narcotics Anonymous.) I thank her for her kind gesture and she lets everyone back into the room. I look at Jack and say, "Thanks for coming. Long time no see?" He laughs and says back, "No kidding. Don't do this to me again Kat." I reply, "No promises. Now will someone help me into a wheel chair so I can get out of here?" Adym helps me up and into the wheel chair and before I know it, I'm face to face with my car. "Is it bad I missed my car?" I ask. Sawyer says, "I mean, if I had a cool car like that, I'd miss it too!" We all get inside and I feel dizzy. I lay back my seat a bit and relax. I decide to take a little power nap on the way home. The hospital isn't that far away, may be 25 minutes. I wake up to the sound of my car turning off and Rebecca saying, "Home sweet home!" I smile and try to stretch, but my shoulder won't let me . The left side of my body feels entirely numb at this point. It's a good thing I'm right handed. We get out of the car and head inside of the apartment. It seems like everything I do now is a struggle and will be for the next few months. I hate to feel like a burden to anyone, so I'm going to ask for help as little as possible. It's already embarrassing enough a fan of Adym stabbed me, let alone I didn't even see it coming. This is all my fault, I was unprepared and I had my guard down. I feel very disappointed in myself and I go into Adyms room and cry. Adym shuts the door behind him and says, "Kat, why are you crying? Are you in pain?" I tell Adym, "No, I'm really disappointed in myself. I should have been able to see this coming. I'm better than this and I let everyone down." I cry louder and Adym tries to hold me without hurting me. I feel a bit better with this company and I reveal to him, "I need you to manage my medication for me. I can't be in control of it." Adym says, "Why not. You're an adult?" His innocence makes it hard for me to reveal to him. "Do you remember what I did ninth grade?" His eyes widen and he says, "I don't want to remember ninth grade."

(A.N- Trippy, right? The whole dream thing I didn't know if I wanted to do or not, but I think it worked out. Let me know what you think! THANK YOU FOR 4K READS!)