Chapter 24

I'm currently in my living room at my old house in Simi and the air feels weird. This whole feeling seems weird. I see Luke come in and I freeze. Just the sight of him makes me scared. He gets closer and closer to me and I can't say anything. I can't say stop or no. All I can manage to do is cry. He slowly takes of my shirt and then

I wake up.

Fuck. Not again. I hate re living what he did to me. I haven't told Adym out of fear of his reaction. I know he loves me and all, but I'm scared he will be mad I didn't tell him sooner. How do you tell someone they assaulted you? When I told my family, they didn't believe me. So, why would Adym? He is different and all, but I don't know how he feels about this subject. I get up to see my stitches have broken apart and there is blood on the bed. I need to get Rebecca, but I'm so weak. I try yelling out for Rebecca, screaming and shouting for her. Can she hear me? I yell one last time as loud as I can, "Rebecca!" The door busts open and I fall to the floor. Everything is dizzy and my whole body feels numb. I hear Rebecca screams and she calls 911. I remember being lifted up into an ambulance and Rebecca saying, "Adym is coming." After that, my mind goes blank really.

I wake up to the same hospital I was in before. I don't really like the environment of any hospital, so this is strange. I look around to see the same people surrounding me, except Jack isn't there this time. Adym rushes to my side and is asking, "Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I should have never left." I get easily annoyed for some odd reason and ignore him. "Can I get some water?" I blurt out loud and obnoxiously. Adym backs off a bit and says, "Y-yes, of course." He runs off and Rebecca looks at me and says, "What was that?" I say back to her, "I don't know. I mean I do, but I can't tell him." Sawyer chimes in, "Tell him what?" I sigh and say, "Something very personal." Adym comes back with the water and I thank him. Before I take a sip, I say genuinely, "I'm really sorry Adym. I didn't mean to ignore you like that and then be so harsh. I'd like to talk to you when we both get the chance to sit down one on one. Is that okay?" He smiles and says, "Of course, anything for you Kat. I love you." I smile and say back, "I love you too, loser." He chuckles and almost playfully hits me in shoulder before I say, "Watch it!" We all burst out into laughter and the room seems to be filling with a radiance of joy, which I appreciate. I ask a nurse passing by when I can be released. The nurse says, "You just have to fill out the release papers again. Please, be careful. You must have had something really bad happen to you for you to have broke every single stitch. I chuckle shyly and say, "Yea." I take about thirty minutes to finish filling out the papers and we all head home. On the car ride home, I can't help but feel nervous. I don't k ow how Adym is going to react. I really hope he doesn't get angry at me or blame me for all of this. It took me so long to finally realize that this wasn't my fault. I guess I space out for too long because before I know it, we're home. I walk up the stairs and try to put the key in the door knob. With my nerves acting up, I drop my keys on the ground. I don't want to ask for help due to all of my pride, so I bend down and deal with pain. I get back up and some tears come out of my eyes. Some of the simplest things are now the hardest in my condition. I open the door finally and run in to Adyms room. I don't want anyone to see me. I get a sudden feeling of insecurity and embarrassment. Adym comes inside of his room and says, "What was that?" I say back to him rudely, "Nothing!" He rolls his eyes and says, "Okay, it's nothing. What did you want to talk about?" I reply, "It's really hard for me to tell, but I know you would find out somehow whether it was from Luke, everyone in simi, or I. He jaw clenches together and he only does that when he's upset or angry. "What was I going to find out?" He spits out. I sit down on the bed and look down. I speak, "Do you remember those rumors about Luke and I? How he "got with me." Adym says back, "Yes? Are you serious? Are you really trying to tell me you slept with him? You told me you were a virgin! What the fuck!" Adym gets mad and starts pacing around the room. "Adym, no, I wasn't going to say that! Please, just listen and don't assume shit!" He gets angry and says, "I need some air, I'll see you later." He storms out of the room and leaves me a mess. How could he do this? How immature does someone have to be? Before he leaves, I text him the rest so he will at least look at his phone. "Luke assaulted me. It wasn't consensual. I did not say it was okay for what he did to me. We never had sex, but he took advantage of me. Please, don't hate me. He told everyone he got with me so he would look cool in front of his friends. Everyone hated me after that, it was part of the reason I started the whole downward path. I think my dream was so traumatic that I had managed to move enough on my sleep to break the stitches. When you get the chance, call me. I love you, Adym Alyxander Yorba." And with that, I send the text. I need a drink, seriously. It's going to be very difficult driving with one arm and SHIFTING with another. I know I can do it, but it will hurt. I make my way to my car with the intention of going alone to Smokey's Bar. Before I start my car, I get a text. I hope it's from Adym, but to my surprise, Jack. "Want to get a drink, I need a friend?" The text reads. I send back, "Actually on my way to Smokey's. See you in 5." I get a text back, "You can't drive?" I ignore the truthful text and turn the ignition on. I really hope Adym isn't doing anything stupid. At this point, I don't know if I care or not. All I know is that I want to sip on a White Russian and forget everything for a few minutes.

(A.N- thanks for all the love guys, appreciate it. Yet again, another hard chapter. I guess my life experiences are great material. Luke is my ex in real life who did a lot of fucked up shit to me :') but, forgive and don't forget.)