Chapter 10

As I ride in the front seat of the tow, the driver and I get into a discussion about my car. I talk about how it had all its original miles, completely rebuilt transmission, etc. I tell him it's been my dream car since I was a little girl, my father had one before he left. By left, I mean abandoned my mother and I. I didn't realize how close we were to the nearest auto shop. I thank the tow, pay him, and tip him. We get out of each car and I talk to the mechanic and explain the situation. I want it buffed and re painted to make it look like it was before. He gives me a total of about 200$, which isn't bad. He tells me they will be done in about three hours. I didn't ask for a spare tire because I have one in the back I can put on myself. Adym looks at me and says, "I'm sorry." I reply, "It's not your fault, no one could have seen this coming." I look at Sawyer who seems extremely bored. I look around and see an arcade across the street, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Adym says. I smile big and we all cross the street to have

We go inside and there is no one there. For such a huge arcade, you'd figure business would be booming. We have fun with all the games and decide to gather all the tickets we get from the games. We play this one game where if you make the ball in a very tiny hole, you get a big prize. Adym and Sawyer both try, but end up missing. I don't expect myself to make it, but when I throw it, it lands perfectly in the hole. I decide between a 500$ or a PS4. I look at Adym and ask what I should get, he has the gift card. An employee comes and gets me the gift card and congratulates me. Adym and Sawyer go to the ticket booth for a sec while I stay and tie my shoe. The employee that got me the gift card starts flirting with me and I just kind of laugh it off. He asks for my number and I say no. He says, "You can't just say no, give me a better excuse." I say no again. He starts to get angry and starts yelling demeaning and vulgar things at me. I stand up and I yell back. I see him raise his arm and before he can do anything, I kick him in the face. He falls backwards and I put my shoe on his throat, "When I say no, it means no!" He squirms out from under me and says sorry. He runs off and Adym and Sawyer come running up to me. Adyms face looks shocked, "Have you always been able to do that?" I say, "I took boxing classes for three years, so I guess that helps." Adym laughs and says, "You know, you could have told him you have a boyfriend." I get irritated and say, "Actually, I don't know if I do and also I didn't want him to hurt you." Adym seems annoyed by my statement and sighs. About two ish hours pass at the arcade and we decide to head back to the auto shop. I get my car back and she looks brand new. I thank the mechanic and get in the car. I reverse into an actual parking spot and change my tire. I look at Adym and Sawyer and they seem incredibly confused. I laugh and say, "You two, on the ground. I'm going to show you how to do this." They sit in the ground and I show them step by step how to take off the tire and put the new one back on. After twenty minutes, they seem incredibly pleased with themselves. "You boys have now turned into men! I'm so proud of you" I say sarcastically. I give the old tire to the mechanic to recycle. We drive back home and make it to the apartment. I open the door and see no one is there. "Of course Rebecca dipped, she wouldn't want me to fuck her up." Rebecca comes out of the bathroom and I smile, "Speak of the devil." Rebecca speaks, "What do you want?" I yell at her, "Why did you post that photo of Adym and I." She looks scared, like she thought I would not find out. She gives in and apologizes for doing so, she was just upset from how I acted this morning. I completely disregard what she says and tell her if she pulls a stunt like that again, she's dead. She gulps and runs back into Sawyers room. Sawyer goes into his room as well and it's just Adym and I. "Adym, what do you want. I know we like each other and more, but I won't let shit happen to you or I. I refuse to be a victim of this petty attack. I'm not going to steal you from your online family. They are more important, we both know that. If you want to be in an open relationship, I can do that too. Whatever makes you happy Adym is all I want." Adym sighs and says, "I want you all to myself truly, but I don't know if I can or not. Not yet at least. I think an open relationship would be best at this point." I tear up a bit and look down at the ground and nod. "I won't be with anyone else, I don't care if you are though. I just want you to be happy, even if that is without me. At the end of the day, your happiness matters most." A tear falls on the ground and I get in my car and go for a drive. I just want to clear my head a bit, it hurt what he said, but I understand.