Chap 5 - Friendly Game of Capture The Flag and A Stupid Quest

Capture the Flag
Right now, we were hanging out in the forest waiting for the campers and Chiron to show up. After a few minutes of nonstop laughing and joking, the campers finally graced us with their presence. They were wearing ridiculously heavy armour, I wonder how they move in that. The Chaos cabin only wore their clothes, no extra protection needed.

"No armour? You givin' up already?" Laughed an Ares kid.

"We don't need armour to kick your butt." I said.

Before he could say anything else Chiron interfered, "Rules are that you cannot kill, only maim and disarm. All magical items allowed. The creek is the boundary line. Now off to your starting positions."

My team and I went to Zeus fist while the campers went to the creek. Just as we set up the flag, the horn sounded. I hid in the trees to watch the show. A group of campers burst through a bush and immediately went for Clarisse, Ethan and Chris. Swords were clashing but the campers where no match for the three. Castor was tripping up camper left, right and centre with his grape vines. I could see some of the campers fall victim to the the Stolls mud pit and some were dangling upside down when they stepped on Beck's traps. Will, Lee and Micheal where picking campers off one by one while in the trees. Luke was facing off with seven campers at once. I could see why he was considered one of the best swordsman. I smiled, happy with the turnout. Knowing they had it under control, I walked towards the creek.

I smirked as I watched Nick uncomfortably fiddle with the straps of his armour and swing the undeniably unbalanced sword. I strolled out, swords swinging. I obviously surprised him because he scrambled to look intimidating. I almost laughed at that but I kept on the emotionless mask.

"I can't believe they let you guard flag." I said.

He sneered at me and charged. I sidestepped and put my foot out as he came closer. He tumbled into the dirt with his ass facing the sky. He got up and attempted to hit me. Keyword ATTEMPTED. I continued dodging his sloppy strikes and I must say I'm getting quite bored. He stopped swinging and panted like a dog. Rookie mistake. I look that chance and swiped at his hands and legs. He screamed and landed on the ground with a thud. I kicked him on the shoulder and he fell backwards into the water. I noticed that the campers started to appear. Showtime.

I saw the cuts on his legs and arms heal as he stood in the water. A trident symbol appeared above his head as he raised his arms, the water responded but I could tell it was hard for him because his arms were quivering so much. He pushed his arms forward and the wave came rushing at me. Before it could actually touch me, I raised my hand and the wave halted. I chuckled at his weak attempt to drown me.

"Is that all you got? Let me show you true control of water." I smirked at him.

I flicked my wrist and the wave hit him like a geyser. He fell over from the impact and sat up spluttering out water. I heard a growl, so soft even Chiron's horse ears could miss it, come from between two trees. It was the same hellhound sent by Kronos. I wonder who his little minion is now? Maybe he is 'friends' with Nick. I pushed aside my thoughts as the hellhound leapt at Nick. The hellhound clawed at him and Chiron was stunned for a second but managed to notch an arrow and kill the hound. Nick was lying in the ground, out cold with his shirt tattered and blood gushing out of his wounds. Chiron was shouting for some Apollo campers to bring Nick to the infirmary.

I turned to the group, "Well that was eventful."

They chuckled and we went of into the sunset. Nah we just went to back to the Chaos cabin.

Next Morning
I woke up pretty early today. I took a stroll around the camp and just enjoyed the serene environment. I tried to enjoy myself as much as I can 'cause today is the day that Nick is suppose to get that dam prophesy, and I'm suppose to babysit them in order to create some tension on Olympus. I went back to my cabin to pack for the stupid quest when the air in front of me rippled. Suddenly my dad's face popped up, scaring the Styx out of me.

"Good morning son." He said cheerfully.

"Hey dad, what up?" I asked him, wearily.

"There is a change of plan about your mission." He said.

"What changes?" I said confusedly.

"I think you should wait until the battle of Manhattan to challenge the gods. Because then they will be weaker after fighting with the Titans." He said.

"You're right. That's the perfect time to strike. But I'll make no promises that I won't fade them if they annoy me on the quests." I said to him.

"Alright understandable. Goodbye Percy." He said.

"Bye dad." I said while the image faded.

A second later someone was knocking at my door. I opened it and saw Chiron standing there.

"Ah Percy, I was wandering if you would like to hear the prophecy. Nick is about to consult the oracle. I have a feeling you are involved in this." He said.

"Sure thing Chiron." I replied.

I shut the cabin door and trailed after Chiron.