Chap 21 - A Stalker and Another Pet

Time skip to quest
Percy's POV 
Zoë told me last night why she picked the people she picked. She said she had a feeling that she has to pick them. I bet a million drachmas that the fates have something to do with it but I guess I can't complain, they changed the prophecy so that Zoë and Bianca won't die. They are in my side btw but can't show it outright if not the gods will catch on. I woke up to see Zoë on my right and Bianca sleeping peacefully on my left. They insisted on sharing a bed with me and who am I to deny them. I think this is Eros' doing. I went down to the kitchen but remembered my last visit here and just summoned some breakfast. When I finished the two girls strolled down the stairs, holding hands. I looked at them curiously but kept quiet.

"Mornin' loves," I said, kissing their cheeks. 

"Morning," Bianca mumbled, still half asleep.

Zoë, on the other hand, was smiling cheerfully at me.

"Good morning Perseus." She said.

I got them some food and went to wake Nico. Once he was awake, I snapped my fingers and a backpack appeared. This backpack has everything we need and more, so we only need one. Last night three more unlimited credit cards appeared on the table with a note from dad. It was for Zoë, Bianca and Nico.

"Percy lets go." Bianca shouted.

"Coming," I shouted back.

I ran down the stairs with three cards clutched in my hand. I gave it to them and Bianca started lecturing Nico to use it wisely. I chuckled at them, it's nice to see Nico and Bianca together again. We walked to the camp entrance and waited for the last quest member.

"You do know that Nick will sneak onto this quest right?" I said to Zoë.

"Yes, but he won't be a problem." She said.

How can she say that? Nick is the epitome of a problem. I shrugged it off when Annabeth arrived. Before we left, Selena came running up and gave each one of us a hug and wished us luck. Chiron let us borrow the camp's van and let me drive. I wonder how Nick will sneak into the quest. Last time I did it was with Blackjack... Oh chaos how could I be so stupid. I completely forgot about Blackjack!

'Don't worry son, Blackjack and Mrs. O'Leary are here on Helix.' Dad's voice said in my head.

Oh thank Chaos. They'll never forgive me for forgetting about them. Especially Blackjack. I drove us to the museum. Before I even stopped the car, Annabeth dashed out and ran straight for the entrance. The rest of us went in after her but headed to the cafeteria first. I know Nick will burst through in 3, 2, 1...

"We have to go!" Nick shouted, running up to us.

Zoë was undoubtedly furious.

"You followed us?!" She shouted switching to curse in greek at the end.

All of a sudden a Nemean Lion shot through the entrance of the museum and started attacking us. I unsheathed Télos and went towards Zoë and Bianca.

"You remember how to defeat it right?" I asked.

"Yes, but first let's see how the sea spawn handles it." Zoë said, smirking.

I looked over and saw Nick running full speed at the Nemean lion. He swung his sword but it harmlessly bounced off the lions impenetrable coat. Nick looked shocked while the lion was staring in boredom at him. Nick swung his sword over and over again and got frustrated when it simply bounced off the lion. Bianca, Nico, Zoë and I were staring at him.

"How stupid is the boy?" Zoë said.

I shrugged, "You'd be surprised."

The Nemean lion swatted him away with its giant paw. Nick flew straight into Annabeth and both of them were knocked out. Wow. Ok show time. I headed straight into the gift shop and grabbed a handful of space food. Nico and I kept chucking it at the lion until the food finally got into its mouth. The lion hacked as if it were trying to cough up a hairball. Zoë and Bianca took that chance and shot an arrow each into the pink, unguarded flesh. The lion slowly disintegrated until all that's left is the pelt. But as I looked closer there was something underneath the pelt.

I removed the pelt and heard Bianca say, "Aww it's so cute." Underneath the pelt was a small tiny golden kitten with sharp claws and teeth.

(Imagine the cub with sharp teeth and claws)

"Can we keep him?" Bianca asked, looking at me and Zoë with puppy dog eyes.

I knew I wouldn't last long so I hoped Zoë would be resistant to that face.

"Sure, I guess we can keep him." Zoë said.

Well, there goes that idea. But really no one can say no to that face and Zoë proved that. Bianca squealed in delight and gave us both a kiss on the cheek. I felt heat rush to my face and saw it was happening to Zoë as well. Bianca cooed at the cub and Nico was staring at his sister oddly. I shook myself out of my daze and picked up the pelt. It transformed into a black leather jacket. Not really my style, so I decided to give it to Thalia but for the meantime might as well use it. Not a minute later the two idiots woke up. Nick saw the pile of dust and me wearing the leather jacket. He stalked towards me and got in my face.

"Hey! That was my kill." He said, scowling at me.

"You didn't even come close to killing it and like always you were sleeping on the job." I said, shoving him away from me.

The skeletons found us and chased us to the subway. We changed trains multiple times just to lose them. I saw a train called the 'Sun West' and nudged Zoë.

She nodded at me and said, "We'll take that train west."

The others compiled and got on the train. On the train they encounter Apollo in the form of 'Fred'. He gave us clues on where to go but it was mainly for the two idiots.

Time skip
We arrived at the junkyard of the gods.

"Do not take anything from the junkyard. It's cursed." Zoë warned the Annabeth and Nick.

We were halfway through the junkyard when the ground rumbled.

"Who took something?!" Shouted Zoë.

I scanned the group and saw Nick holding a golden sword which he was trying to hide.

I punched him, "You idiot! Zoë warned you to not take anything!"

"It's just a sword. Besides all that happened was a rumble. So scary." He said, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly 50 ft automaton emerged from the piles of scrap. Great the defected Talos, just what I needed.

"Look what you did idiot." I sneered at Nick.

"I got this." He said, rushing at the robot.

His stupidity is beyond me. Bianca came running up to me.

"I need to do this." She said.

I shook my head at her. I teleported her, Zoë and Nico to the far end of the junkyard and created a barrier around them. I immediately ran underneath Talos' foot, where the latch is. Talos stomped on me and I found myself inside his foot. I climbed my way up and found the control panel. There were wires and pieces of metal scattered everywhere. I summoned some fire and blasted the controls. The next thing I knew I was being flung across Mexico. Darkness weaved into my vision and then I blacked out.