Chap 7 - New Ally and Annabeth is Actually Stupid

Nick's face was red and he was going to say something but I had already walked off.

Percy's POV
We were waking along the road when suddenly a heavenly aroma drifted past us. I looked around a spotted an old but regal building. The sign hanging above read 'Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium'. Hmm a possible recruit for dad's army. Dad told me to try and recruit any possible allies that have a vendetta against Olympus. As dumb and dumber followed the irresistible smell, I mentally called dad.

(P-Percy, C-Chaos)
P- 'Dad are you there?'
C- 'Yes. What do you need son?'
P- 'I was thinking of recruiting Medusa for the army. But I can't do that without giving her something in return. So I was wondering if you have some sort of reverse speed for her curse?'
C- 'Hmm, Medusa will be a great ally. When you want to reverse the spell, I will say the words in your mind. Even after the spell, she will be able to access her gorgon powers.'
P- 'Alright thank dad. She'll arrive on your planet in 10 mins. Make sure no one fires at her.'
C- 'No problem son and I'll make sure to tell the army that.'

When I was finished talking to dad, I realised I accidentally froze time. Oops, I'll have to train my powers more. I unfroze time and Medusa greeted us at the entrance.

She invited us and turned to make burgers for us I called out, "Alright fun's over, you're not fooling anyone, Medusa. Well you might fool the idiots but not me."

She looked shocked for a minute but quickly covered it with a small smirk.

"How did you figure it out?" She said.

"Oh please, I could hear the snakes hissing even before we came in." I said.

As she went to unravel her veil, Annabeth shouted, "Don't look into her eyes."

I swiftly made an ice wall barrier, preventing her from petrifying us.

"Wait Medusa. I have a way to reverse your curse." I said calmly.

That seemed to peak her interest.

"How do I know you won't cut off my head when I let my guard down." She said.

"I, Perseus Nova Chaos, swear on Chaos' name that I will not harm you and will reverse you curse." I swore.

I could see her put her veil back on and I melted the barrier. I immediately started chanting as the words popped up in my head. It was in a language of the primordials. How do I know that? Anyways, when I was done chanting nothing happened.

"Ha, you're not so powerful are you." Taunted Nick.

Suddenly a blinding white light emitted from Medusa. After the light died down, a woman was revealed. She had silky black hair that cascades down her back, her emerald green slit eyes looked as if she would devour you soul, smooth porcelain skin that shone like diamonds as sun rays hit her skin and an hourglass figure that even Aphrodite would kill for. I could see why Poseidon took an interest in her. But she's nothing compared to Thalia and Artemis, I'm warming up to the idea of Artemis being my mate. I watched Medusa slowly open her eyes and looked at each of us. I could feel Annabeth burning a hole at the side of my head but I ignore it and Nick was openly drooling at her. When we didn't turn into stone, she hesitantly looked down and gasped. She was staring in awe at her body. She pulled me into a hug and thank me over and over again.

When she finally pulled away, I told her, "I can offer you a spot on my fathers army. The army is for when I declare war on Olympus. My father has said that the olympians are unworthy of being rulers and has entrusted me with finding their replacements. But if you don't want to, you can go and finally see the world without hiding behind your veil."

"Is it okay if I explore for now and when I'm done I'll go to the army?" She asked.

I summoned a purple crystal necklace and gave it to her.

"When you want to go to my fathers planet, pull on that crystal and it will transport you there." I said.

I opened a portal and told her, "Step through that portal, it will take you anywhere you want to go."

"Thank you Percy." She said softly.

Before stepping into the portal she turned and kissed my cheek. When she disappeared, I turned around to be meet with Annabeth glaring at me and Nick fuming over the fact that a gorgeous woman kissed me and not him.

"Come on we have to keep moving. We'll take a bus heading west and see where it will take us." I said but I knew exactly where we were headed.

We walked until we reached a bus station. We boarded the bus and unfortunately Annabeth was sitting next to me with Nick behind us.

"Why on earth did you reverse my mother's curse on that monster?" She said furiously but not loud enough for the rest of the passengers to hear.

"What did Medusa do in the myth for Athena to curse her?" I questioned.

"Everyone knows this. Athena cursed Medusa when she caught Medusa degrading her temple by having sex with Poseidon, which is also her rival." She said as if she knew everything.

"Well that's a lie. Athena altered it so that nobody would know what really happened. The truth is, Poseidon was so entranced by Medusa's beauty that he tricked Medusa into meeting at Athena's temple. When Medusa arrived, Poseidon surprised her and took advantage of her vulnerability. She prayed to Athena for help but what did your mother do? Instead of helping a Medusa, she cursed her. Turned her into a monster. Why? Because she was jealous that Medusa managed to capture the sea god's attention instead of her." I said.

She looked at me disbelievingly. "You're lying."

"Do you want me to swear on the Styx or even my father's name?" I asked her, raising my brow.

She hesitated. She knew that if I swore and nothing happens, I'm right and she'll be humiliated.

I guess Athena brains skipped a demigod because she said, "Swear it. Swear on your father's name."

I looked at her blankly. She started to smirk smugly, thinking that she caught me.

"I, Perseus Nova Chaos, swear on Chaos' name that what I said was true." I said.

Nothing happened. Annabeth didn't say anything and just turned around but I knew she was embarrassed that her mother would act out of jealously. We rode the rest of the way in silence.