Chap 11 - Set Up and Beating Up an Olympian

Percy's POV
When Nick neared Cerberus, he faltered. I saw his eyes widen and I mentally smirked. I raised my brow when he continued walking toward Cerberus. What is he planning?

"Move mutt! I am Nick Jackson, the greatest demigod alive and if you don't move now, I will be forced to kill you!" Nick shouted.

I snorted. Is this guy for real? Cerberus simply looked at him and growled lowly. That alone was enough to make Nick shake. Cerberus advance towards him and Nick was scrambling back, hands fumbling in his pocket. He's looking for his sword. Ha, Like that's going to help him. Nick somehow managed to uncap Eddy (his sword) and started swinging wildly. Cerberus looked at him weirdly as if saying, 'What is this fool doing? I'm not a piñata.' Cerberus growled at Nick again and it's middle jaw clamped around Eddy and tore it out if Nick's hand. Now that Nick was unarmed, Cerberus decided to lightly bite Nick and swing him side to side like a chew toy. While Nick was screaming his head of and yelling for someone to do something, I was busy rolling on the ground dying with laughter. When I finally sobered up, I saw Annabeth looking around the place for objects to take Cerberus' attention off of Nick. She spotted a bone sticking out of the dirt and decide to use it. No! That's Cerberus' favourite chew toy.

She started waving around the bone, trying to get Cerberus' attention.

"Cerberus, here boy look what I got. Do want the bone? Do you want it? Well go and get it boy. Fetch." She said, tossing the bone away.

Cerberus dropped Nick and bounded after the bone. Nick landed with a thud and Annabeth rushed over to see if he was okay. Once she made sure Nick was alright, they headed to Hades' palace. I hope Uncle Hades can distracted them longer. We arrived at the palace doors and the idiots nervously looked at each other. Nick being the bigger idiot decided to barge through the doors and march to the throne room. I sighed and followed after them. In the throne room, Hades was sitting in his throne of fused human bones. He held a emotionless face but I could tell he wanted to laugh at the shaking boy in front of him.

"You dare come here after what you did, Son of Poseidon. You must be very brave or very stupid to show your face here." Hades' loud voice boomed.

"I didn't do anything. And I am here for the master bolt. Hand it over and let me return it to Olympus." Nick shakily said.

"You dare accuse me of taking my pathetic brother's bolt! I wouldn't even find any use of it! Now return what you have taken from me and maybe you'll have a painless death." Shouted Hades.

Man, his acting skills are top notch.

"I don't know what you are talking about uncle." Said Nick. Oh he's gonna get it.

"It is Lord Hades to you! And don't act as if you didn't steal my Helm!" Hades yelled, the lights flickering a little.

"You Helm is missing, sir?" I asked innocently.

He glared at me, "It is so like you demigods to only pay attention to the gods up there. But when my Helm goes missing, no one even bothers!"

"We do not have your Helm, Lord Hades. I only came here for the bolt." Said Nick shakily.

"You imbecile, why are you looking for something you already have." Spat Hades.

Nick looked at Annabeth quizzically. I widened my eyes and snatched the backpack Nick was carrying. I tore it open and there it was, the lightning bolt.

"You had this whole time! You traitor! You stole the bolt! You played us!" I roared.

I grabbed his collar and repeatedly punched that stupid face of his over and over again. Ah, the sound of his bones cracking under my fist was so satisfying.

"Wait! Percy, Ares gave us that backpack. Nick didn't know about it." She exclaimed.

Dam you Annabeth, must you ruin my fun.

"So it was my war loving nephew that stole my helm and the bolt." Hades mused.

"Where is my mother?" Nick shouted.

"Oh yes the woman." Said Hades, summoning Sally.

She appeared beside Hades' throne. She looked around confusedly. When her eyes landed on Nick, she rushed forward and embraced him.

"Oh thank the gods you're alright." Sally said.

I saw Nick trying to be discreet and gave Annabeth and Sally a pearl each. I heard him mutter, "On my signal."

Nick turned to look at me, "Oops we only have 3. I guess you'll have to stay down here, huh? Now!" He said.

Startled, the two girls dropped the pearls while Nick stepped on his. As Nick was vanishing, he looked over to Hades and smirked. As if to say, 'Ha, I outsmarted you. I'm the only demigod that was able to do that.' Pfth, yeah right. He couldn't even outsmart a chicken if he tried. Once they disappeared, I burst out laughing.

"Oh Chaos, did you see how much he was shaking? I'm not surprised if he peed his pants. Haha."

Uncle Hades chuckled, "It was quite amusing wasn't it."

I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Great acting there Uncle." I said.

"Not so bad yourself, nephew. And what's this I hear, you are dating my daughter." He said raising his eyebrow at me.

"Uh...yeah...about that...um," I stuttered.

He chuckled at me, "Percy, if anyone is good enough for my daughter it is you. You have my blessing."

"Thank you Uncle, and I will return you your helm." I said, teleporting to Santa Monica Bay.

When I appeared, Nick was in a duel with Ares and by the looks of it he was also losing miserably. He has long gashes covering his legs, arms and torso. The only reason he's not dead by now is because of the sea that he occasionally steps in to heal his wounds. When Ares went to deliver the final blow, I decided to step in. As his sword went down on Nick, I thrusted Télos forward. CLANG. When Ares looked up and saw me, fire burned in his eyes.

"So the punk finally decides to show up. I'm gonna enjoy pummelling you. The sea brat was not much of a challenge." He said.

"You want a challenge, I'll give you a challenge." I growled.

I sliced upwards but Ares was quick. He deflected my blade with the hilt of his sword. He slashed at me but I sidestepped and stabbed his undefended side.

"Aargh!" He grunted in pain.

I pulled back my sword and ichor gushed out of his side. I didn't stop there, while he was stunned, I continued slashing and dodging his slowing strikes. When I lowered my sword, Ares was a golden mess, covered in his own blood.

"Well, what are you waiting for kid? Finish me." He said weakly.

"Oh I'm not gonna kill you. Yet." I said, walking to his bike.

I removed the Helm of Darkness from the handle and tossed to Alecto, who was hiding in the shadows.

"Bring that to Hades." I told her.

She nodded and flew off. A smirk grew on my face as I looked at Ares' War Bike. I think Clarisse will like her new gift. I looked at my watch, they are a day late in delivering the bolt. I mounted the bike and rode off to Olympus. I want to see the Olympians reaction and especially Nick's when Zeus wants to blast him with the very bolt he returned.