Chapter 7(6th year)Gorgeous Girls

[If you want to see the dresses tap on the picture and it will get bigger. Emma Watson's is Hermione's obviously and Ginny's is the one on the left or the other black and white.]
We reached Hogsmeade and walked into our favorite boutique. Ginny spotted a display of classy black and white dresses and bolted, yanking me along. "Hermione, you'll look amazing in this. The angelic white is perfect for you and the black sparkle adds an exciting touch of cool." she pointed out, taking my size off the rack and shoving it in my hand. "Go," she ordered, "trust me." I grinned and found an empty dressing room. I slipped on the gorgeous gown and looked in the mirror.

"Wow," I gasped, looking at myself and stepping out for Ginny to see, "she was right

"Wow," I gasped, looking at myself and stepping out for Ginny to see, "she was right."  I smiled widely and spun around, modeling for Ginny.  "Mione, you're one gorgeous girl!" she exclaimed. A few minutes later, she walked out in a similar black and white gown that looked perfect on her. 

"Ginny, you look great!" I squealed, "These are perfect, I can't believe we found them so easily

"Ginny, you look great!" I squealed, "These are perfect, I can't believe we found them so easily. Let's get them." On our way up to the counter, we grabbed purses, necklaces, shoes, makeup and such to match. We placed our items on the counter, one by one and handed our galleons to the lady. Then, we dashed to the Three Broomsticks for a quick Butterbeer, being careful to put protection spells on the items first.  Parkinson walked in with a not-at-all-modest-or-anything-like-that dress in her hand.  She clearly paid a lot for it when she could've just bought a cheap dress and cut holes in it.  Ginny laughed and called it an old scarecrow dress.  How mature right.  I just gave her a fake smile and said, "I'm sure you will look great in it."  "Why thank you, Mudblood! At least someone's being civilized today!" she smirked.  Ginny and I got up to leave and pushed past Parkinson, not removing the protection spells, in case she did something to sabotage us.  "I'm so excited for Saturday! I can't believe your dress is Chanel. That's so fancy and it looks amazing." Ginny squeaked.  I giggled and nodded in agreement.  We got back to the dorm and tucked our purchases away in a safe place from Crookshanks and other threats.  We went down for dinner and watched as Parkinson was giving Dr-Uh-Malfoy hints to what she would be wearing on Saturday.  He did not seem to care.  Harry and Ron tried asking us about our outfits, but we didn't give away anything.  We needed it to be a secret to everyone, so that people would be shocked when the masks came off.  Therefore, seeing that I, Hermione Granger is beautiful too. We laughed and ran up to Griffindor Tower with the boys chasing us. Once we got to our dorm we slammed the door and slid down the wall in relief. They couldn't come any further than the bottom of the stairs because they turned into a slide when a boy tried to enter. It's quite a smart enchantment. We looked at each other, opened the door and stuck our tongues out, "Ha! We're never telling you. Just wait and see." we taunted. We closed the door once more and collapsed on the bed to finish our homework. After all the essays and studying were done, we went to sleep, still laughing at our friends/brother and friend. The next few days flew by and every day Malfoy and I had been dismissed early from Potions. We continued to do our homework by the lake together and eventually we helped each other, talked and interacted almost like friends. It was nice. But the ball was tonight and there were no classes which meant no time with Draco. I mean Malfoy, since when are we on a first name basis? Thank god I hadn't said that out loud, everyone would hex me, thinking I'm going crazy or turning against them. It was a Saturday so we had a free day. Ginny was going to make certain that we both were the most gorgeous girls at the masquerade ball. I was sure of it.