Chapter 12(6th year) Talk

I was sitting in the small quidditch shop in Hogsmeade, the same one I had stood in observing Draco and his mother before school.  Harry and Ron were paying for their gloves.  Yes, finally freedom! It had felt like forever for them to pick out one item and now I could go study.  I could always go visit Draco, but I had only just left, I should give him time with his friends.  Then, I realized, he wouldn't want to be stuck with his Slytherin "friends".   He would want to see me, watch me blush and grin as he stares at me.  No doubt I would do something stupid and he would smirk like he always does and help me.  I loved it when he smirks at me, it suits him perfectly, he looks his best when he smirks.  It accentuates his every feature.  "Let's go Mione!" Ginny pulled me up and out the door with the boys following close behind.  "Ah," I exclaimed, surprised by her sudden action.  "Well you didn't think you were gonna live on that bench did you?" she teased.  "I would have grabbed my things and came with you." she said, longing to stay in the store longer.  "But no, I don't want to keep you from enjoying your own.........plans." she smirked at me.  I smacked her arm, "Ginny! Don't be so open about it!" I whisper-yelled.  "Jeez, sorry."  She put her arm around my shoulders and strolled along with me.  Harry and Ron were admiring their purchases and paying no attention to us.  Ginny dragged me into a store for a second and pretended to be fascinated in an item in the window.  "So uh how did things go with him?" she discreetly asked, barely moving her mouth.  "It's official." I squealed.  She applauded, "Wow who would've thought. Obviously, you're thrilled since you're beaming. That's it?! Come on I bet there's more, talk girl."  I bit my lip and looked down at my shoes, "We-uh-well when we were figuring out what this all meant, he-um-kissed me."  I was fire-truck-red and smiling, embarrassed.  I let out a happy giggle and waited for a reaction.  She moved her hands over her mouth and started to jump up and down, slapping the air, excitedly.  "Eeee! Hermione this is huge! I'm so happy for you! How was it?" she transferred to fan-girl-mode.  I blushed harder and admitted, "Omg Ginny, it was amazing, he's just so mesmerizing when he lets his guard down. It's like he's a completely different person with me. It's-I just-I can already tell Gin, I'm in love, I'm extremely, crazy in love! I feel spontaneous, you know, invincible, I wanna go skydiving!"  "Ok calm down, are you ok? Did someone put something in your coffee?......Hermione did he poison you?" she teased in a sarcastic tone.  "I'm really glad." she said, serious this time.  I hugged my best friend, "What now?"  "Now you go be with him, it's a beautiful day, enjoy it!" she encouraged, shooing me. "Ok ok," I laughed, walking back towards the castle. It was a sunny day and I would love a long walk out by the lake. I thought of where he would be, the R.O.R., Slytherin, the heads room. There were too many to know, so instead I conjured my patronus and told the little otter to find Draco Malfoy and lead him back to me. The silver creature nuzzled its head against me and then scampered off down the hall. I would wait in the window outside the Great Hall, the same place where we kissed at the ball. Wow that was last night! I can still feel my emotions running through me. The anxiety, nervousness, excitement, happiness, curiosity, love and then the shock and confusion. Now I'm right back to the beginning and so far I am steadily keeping with most of those. Love. I felt love, real love, from him. Truly, absolute young adventurous, love. I had fun with him and I laughed like never before. I couldn't stop smiling and throughout the whole thing I wanted the spontaneity, the smirks, the laughs and the kisses. It all was true love in its finest; passion and he gave me all of that. I grinned dreamily at my thoughts and turned my head, searching for my adorable charm. It was bounding down the corridor right at me, Draco close behind. That was close, I was in such a daze already and we only just started dating, that would've been weird. The two stopped in front of me and I thanked my otter, before it returned into my wand. "Draco, I was wondering where you were!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. He stumbled back a bit, not expecting my sudden movement. "Sorry," I brushed myself off and stepped back. "Ginny and the others were done shopping and Ginny wanted me to go enjoy myself in the gorgeous weather." "Oh, well that sounds a lot better than reading random books in my dorm all day. Do you have everything? Do you wanna change?" he asked. "What? Do I need to change?" I answered, alarmed. "No, I think you look stunning. I thought you might not want to get those clothes dirty." he assured me. I blushed, "Ok well then I can just stay like this, I'll just cast a protection spell on them." "Ah yes, how could I forget, smartest witch of our age." he teased, pulling me into a kiss. "You're brilliant! Let's go then!" he said, taking my hand. We strolled down the empty hall and out onto the grounds. He led me down to the lake and conjured a picnic blanket. "My lady," he held his hand out for me to sit. I sat down on the blanket, leaning against a tree and he sat beside me.  We were facing the lake.  It was so perfect and I turned to look at the scenery.  Behind his back he took out his wand and conjured a bouquet.  I spun around to look at him, and he was holding out the flowers for me.  How sweet?  He picked a flower out of the bunch and carefully threaded it into my brown locks.  He raised his hands up in a square, taking a mental picture.  "There, perfect!" he exclaimed.  I giggled and he put the flowers down in front of us, looking out onto the water.  Now, we were both admiring the atmosphere and I laid my head on his shoulder, still resting in front of the tree.  He put his arm around me, keeping me close and gazing into the lake's depths. 
----------------------------------------------
I turned my gaze to look into her chocolate orbs.  She really was so beautiful, I don't understand how I didn't see it before.  She was the best girl at Hogwarts; pretty, smart, loving, caring, kind, trustworthy, affectionate.  Anyone could come to her for anything, no wonder she's a head.  I was surprised Mcgonnagal picked so many heads, usually there was just Head boy and Head Girl and prefects.  She had explained in one of our meetings the past week, that two of us would be chosen to fill the usual top positions and live in the dorms above the common room, while the rest would be downgraded to prefects.  Something about a hard choice, needing to see how things go so far, making sure the two she had in mind all along, would be friendly enough to handle the positions.  She mentioned a lot of other stuff that I didn't hear because I didn't get any sleep the night before and I could not survive her entire speech.  Back to the lake, I glanced at my watch, it was getting late, dinner was served between 5:00-7:00 and I needed to wash up before then.  I turned to Hermione, "Hermione, we have to go wash up before dinner, don't you think?" I informed her.  She looked at the screen of her muggle device, from what I've heard its a cell phone.  "Oh god, you're right." she stood and I did too.  She pulled me into a kiss, just as it started to mist rain on us.  If you could see the scene, you would think it was a muggle film, we looked so perfect together with the light sprinkle of water, against a tree, standing on a picnic blanket by the lake.  Wow. 
----------------------------------------------
I had just pulled him into a kiss, when it started to rain lightly, like in um- what was it the Sound of Music?  The perfect kiss in the rain near a lake, straight out of a movie.  It was my dream to live such a perfect relationship, just like that and now it was happening.  I had a handsome, rebellious boyfriend, who I was kissing in the rain.  Wow.  He pulled away and waved, "Goodbye my bookworm," he said, stroking my cheek gently.  I smiled, "Bye Draco."