Chapter 8(6th year)It's Time

Ginny woke me up, startled by my messy appearance.  "Yikes! We need to get you looking normal for breakfast and then lunch. After lunch, we will put your hair into a more formal style and do makeup. And of course we will put on our gowns and accessories.  Then, we make a grand entrance down the stairs and we have the time of our lives." Ginny explained. "Wow, you have really been thinking of everything. Oh but we need masks." I said. "I, your 'fairy best friend', have taken care of that. My gift to you..." she replied handing me an elaborate silver mask. "Ginny, thank you! It's perfect!" I thanked her. She already had a wet head so she started on herself while I washed my hair. I got dressed into casual clothes and blow-dried my hair quick. Ginny put it in a ponytail so I wouldn't get any food in it, like that would happen. We went down to two hungry, still curious boys and ignored their questions. We ate a healthy breakfast and then went up to relax before lunch. Ginny had the idea to do mani-pedis and facials in our dorm, so we did that. After a long relaxing experience, we returned to the Great Hall for lunch. We came back up and started on our makeup and hair. I thought we should keep it natural with a bit of silver sparkle. Ginny should really be a makeup artist cause it looked exactly how I imagined. Then, she straightened my hair and twisted the long strands into a bun, finished with a diamond clip. It was almost time for dinner, which Ginny had forgotten about in her plan. By that time we were already in our dresses, so we didn't know what to do. "Put this on," she said, handing me my robe to cover the dress. "We're seriously going to dinner like this? Ginny, we'll look lazy." I complained.  "No we'll look like we were in the middle of becoming formal and we aren't ready yet. Plus, it's obvious that we have something on under the robes and our hair will hint that it is our gowns that we don't want to give away before the masquerade ball." she argued.  I sighed and slipped on the robe.  She did too and we swirled around the staircases going down until we reached the Hall.  There were elves everywhere, already decorating for the event.  Of course there were many students eating and I was pleased to find that we weren't the only ones in robes to cover dresses.  Several girls had made the same mistake of preparing before dinner.  All of them looked as embarrassed as us.  We sat down across from Harry and Ron, careful to keep every inch of gown out of sight, so we could keep identities at the ball hidden until the masks came off.  "You two seem to have been getting ready early. Since you're already in your dresses without masks, why don't you just show us now............please." they begged.  "Nope, you will have to figure it out yourselves at the ball. You should be thanking us for giving you something to do since I don't think you'll be doing much. Enjoy the guessing game boys." we refused, taking our plates of food with us to finish in the safety of our dorm.  "Wow, they're anxious!" I panted.  "And desperate." Ginny joked, collapsing into a chair to eat.  I did the same.  "Boys," I rolled my eyes, "Am I right?!"  We laughed and finished our food.  Ginny stood, removed her robe and spun around.  "My lady, arms out." she curtsied, like a servant.  I raised my arms out wide and giggled as Ginny took off my robe for me, acting like my maid.  "Thank you, Cordelia," I joked in a formal voice.  "Huh, that's a good name for a fancy maid. Ok, now back to being your 'fairy best friend' " she said, reaching for my bag and adding the lipstick she had used.  "In case it comes off." she smirked at me, raising her eyebrows up and down teasingly.  "Ginny! I'm sure I won't need it." I responded, understanding her suggestion.  "You never know, when people see that you are gorgeous inside and out, you could meet your true love. It worked for Cinderella, why can't it work for you? You could be in a relationship and daydreaming about the guy by tomorrow. Anything's possible Mione." she assured me.  Ginny was right.  This was my chance.  I might be able to move on, I might be happy again.  I might find someone who loves me for who I am instead of choosing me after everyone else is taken.  This was my time. It was 7 now the ball had started and Ginny and I were waiting around the corner at the top of the stairs with our masks in our hand. As soon as the clock chimed 7, we put on our masks with an enchantment and descended down the stairs.  We glided gracefully into the hall side by side, as everyone around us gasped and whispered to their friends, trying to figure out the identities of the mysterious beauties.  Those mystery girls were us, Ginny and Hermione, and everyone envied us.  I could see Parkinson easily because we had already seen her dress.  Luna was in a pink dress, that she had showed us a couple days ago.  (If you remember the picture with 3 girls Luna's is the other girl's. Btw pictures are from google images and another website.)  She waved to us and winked through her baby pink mask.  I saw two boys standing with each other, one with red hair, one with black.  That was Harry and Ron.  I could see a girl clinging onto Ron's arm, that must be Lavender. 
I saw a rather handsome boy with gray eyes looking straight at me as we walked past.  Where have I seen those mesmerizing eyes? 
----------------------------------------------
Pansy was talking to me about nothing but herself of course.  I was making a disgusted face at her extreme dress.  She looked like she got in a fight with a tiger, it was all ripped.  Not a good choice.  I turned my attention away from her and saw two girls in black and white dresses come gliding down the stairs.  The one on the left was a brunette and by her side was a ginger. The brunette had beautiful long curls, a silver mask and chocolate eyes. Where have I seen those eyes? All I know is that she is perfect. She seems to be a kind girl, judging that she didn't say something when someone who was obviously Lunie Lovegood waved to her. I followed the two into the Great Hall, ignoring Pansy's pointless conversation. I was curious now. I need to know who that girl is. I followed them over to the drink table.
----------------------------------------------
We approached the drink table and Ginny started to pour herself some pumpkin juice. The gray-eyed boy came over to me and looked into my eyes, "Please, allow me," he said picking up the pitcher to pour my juice for me.  I thanked him and sat on a bench to enjoy my beverage.  I giggled to myself, maybe Ginny was right, this could be my guy.  I tried to calm myself and we just sat looking at each other sipping our drinks.  I studied him further, platinum blond hair, black mask, black dress robes.   I couldn't put my finger on it.  Who was he?  It all seemed strangely familiar.  "Would you like to dance?" he said after a cough, breaking the silence. I thought for a moment, do I? "Of course." We stepped onto the dance floor and he grabbed my hand. We danced for a while until a slow song played. It was a Meghan Trainor song, 'like I'm gonna lose you'. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed my hands on his shoulders. The first line played, how ironic, I feel like I'm dreaming or in a movie too. This song describes the moment perfectly. Almost perfectly. I grinned and found that my head was on his shoulder. This was incredible, this was so much better than what I had with Ron even though we had only danced. Once the song ended, the mystery guy grasped my hand gently and pulled me out of the noisy room. I did not stop him. He led me to a window seat where we could see the beautiful sky full of stars. We talked about ourselves and asked questions. We laughed and sympathized for each other, until it was 11:00pm.