[Chapter 24] The Last Dance

Omg 24th Chapter! 3 more to go!

Chapter 23 The Last Dance

Cassidy's P.O.V.

You can do this Cassidy. All you have to do is smile, wave, and simply walk.

So you know that part in the movie where everything slows down and the character has this dramatic scene where she is freaking out to the max? Yeah, well that's me. Why am I so fidgety? I have no clue. I see these people all the time and suddenly I get nervous? Cassidy Wiseman you never fail to surprise yourself. Cam and I now arrived to the carpeted royal red steps and I was positive I looked like a shaking Chihuahua. Cam squeezed my hand for reassurance, but I couldn't necessarily squeezed back since I already squeezed the life out of it.

Poor hand.

I looked at the beautiful scenery and I was truly impressed at what Ally has done with the place. I mean sure the school rented this ball room, but Ally really did a nice job with everything. Red carpeted stairs, cream tiled dance floor, wonderful lighting, cream, round marble tables, and a beautiful stage with some band I wasn't so sure I never heard before, but they did play good music. All eyes snapped to the "golden couple" -as we were called around the school since the beginning- and I suddenly felt a crashing rush of nerves appearing back. We both instantly smiled and slowly walked down the soft, plush steps hand in hand. I breathed out as I approached the last step, but was luck on my side this time? Before we get to that embarrassing moment lets rewind shall we?

«~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~~~·~»

"Okay, I'm coming out now," I yelled from behind the pink closed wooden door, "don't laugh!"

"I mean its not really hard to, you're not exactly the "laughing type"", I rolled my eyes as I could just see the air quotes Carse was making.

"Ignore her, just come out Cass!" Lucy urged and I sighed.

I twisted the bronze doorknob and cautiously peered around, peeking at my two giddy best friends.

"Come on slow poke we still have to get home and get ready too,"

I walked out and frowned when I was met with gasps. I knew they wouldn't like it.

"Cassidy you look," She hated it, "amazing!"

"Really you like it?" I smiled wide.

"Yes like I'm extremely jealous I thought your aunt liked me Luce," Carson nudged Lucy who was still admiring the dress.

"Um," Lucy trailed off, "So who's doing your hair Cassidy?"

"My sister called dibs already," I rolled my eyes, "She thinks I'm terrible at doing hair."

The room was silent.

"Hey!" I gasped, "I'm not bad am I?"

Silence.

"Awe thanks, love you too my most supportive best friends," I sarcastically replied.

"Love you too Cass well we have to go, see you there!" Lucy chirped with a big hug followed by Carson.

Seconds later Mandy popped in with a bright smile on her face.

"There's the fairest of them all," Mandy giggled at her lame joke. She was always like this at special times like these. She becomes overly nice and would do anything for your happiness. Mandy isn't the one to bring you down. She will always be there.

"And there's my favorite sister," I gave a small smile.

"Ah, ah, ah," I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "What's wrong?"