Chapter 5. Cat Got Your Tongue?

Chapter 5.

And now I am no longer on a roll. Let's try this again Chapter 5 for the second time here I come! I tried writing it from Edi's POV, and it didn't work. At all.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Christine Sterling's POV

I stuffed my dance clothes in to my bag and zipped up the zipper before tossing the strap of the bag over my shoulder. I quickly thought through my plans for the evening and smiled a bit when I remembered that tonight I had no formal plans. It would just be me and my family.

"See ya ladies." I called over my shoulder as I walked out of the change room. I had barely taken three steps out of the change room when I felt my bag being lifted off my shoulder.

"Hey!" I said lunging for my bag as I looked to the thief. I saw it was Edi about a second after my feet pushed off the ground propelling me towards him at a precarious angle. He stepped to the side and, like a well choreographed dance move, stuck his arm out to catch me. His arm wrapped around my waist as I dipped dangerously close to the dark, wood floor. He pulled me back up and I twirled softly into his chest. His arm pulled me close and like in our dances we stood close enough I'm sure he could feel my heartbeat.

"I only meant to be a gentleman, you did not need to attack." He said gently, his soft breath blowing across my face and distracting me.

"Um...what?" I said slightly dazed.

"I was going to carry your bag for you, but then you had to go and attack me."

"I'm sorry, but with the curly twins, I would have been chasing them for an hour trying to get my bag back." I said referring to the mischievous, twins in our dance class.

He laughed and causally slipped his arm through the crook of my elbow. "So, are you doing anything important right now?" He asked, I glanced up at him to read his face, but I saw only a purposely blank look on his face, meaning he was hiding something he didn't want me to see.

"No." I replied keeping my eyes glued to his face. I barely caught it, but for a second his eyes creased just the slightest bit, like he was trying to cover up a smile.

"Then would it be ok if we..." He seemed to struggle to find the words, "got ice cream?" His blue eyes darted down to my face before turning away when he saw me still looking at him.

"Yes, I would love to get ice cream with you." With a smirk I added, "You can flirt and harass me to no end, but as soon as things get down to business, the cat gets your tongue?"

"I guess so, but it certainly did not have my tongue when I kissed you." He said with a smirk of his own.

"Oh you are getting it now!" I said reaching out to smack him. He caught my hand and pulled it up above my head. I took a swing with my other hand, but he caught that hand too and grabbed both of my hands in one of his hands. He gave me a wicked smile before leaning in to kiss me again. I struggled against his grip, but I still couldn't get free.

"Edi, please don't." I said looking up into his cerulean blue eyes. He paused before his gaze shifted to my hands pinned in his own. A look of half horror and half disgust crossed his face before he gently dropped my hands.

"What am I doing?" Edi said almost to himself. "Tina, I am so sorry, I do not know what came over me. I am usually not like this. In fact, I am never like this. I was hurting you! For goodness sake, you are a girl, what kind of monster am I becoming, hurting a girl. My father would have my head." He said muttering the last part in Spanish.

"Edi, just chill, it's no big deal. You just got a bit carried away. That's all it was."

"I am still so sorry, that was no way for me to act." He looked at me his blue eyes burning with apologetic intensity.

"It's fine, I promise. Let's just go get ice cream. And don't you dare say sorry once while we are eating it, got it?" I said just wanting to drop the subject.

"Alright, but I promise it will never happen again." He added quickly.

"No, no, no, don't want to hear it."

"Sorry. Opps, sorry. No, crap I said it again, so-" he started, but I quickly reached up and slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Just be quiet." I said before removing my hand.

"Ok. So, ice cream time?" He asked.

"For sure. I'll take my car and you can follow in yours ok?" I suggested.

"Ok, let us be on our way!" He grabbed my hand and started swinging it between us while he marched out of the dance studio. I laughed as he kept up the ridiculous act all the way to my car. He opened my door for me and helped me in.

He kept my hand in his."I will follow you to wherever you are going." He said before lifting my hand and giving it a quick kiss. My jaw dropped as I watched him walk away as causal as could be. He slipped on a pair of sunglasses, and glanced over his shoulder at me to give me a lopsided half-smile before slipping gracefully into his really nice car.

My breath caught in my throat and I felt my heart beat quicken. I had no idea why I was reacting to him like this. I felt similar to what I imagine a twelve year old Justin Bieber fan would feel like after he just signed their limited edition album. I was fangirling over a boy I barely knew. I don't even know what makes him so special, I have dated other boys before, but none have had this much power over me. This was getting ridiculous. I shook my head before shifting my car into first gear and pulling out smoothly onto the quiet street.

Enrique Mendez POV:

"I will follow you wherever you are going." I said leaning against Tina's car. I walked away thinking of the many ways that sentence could be interpreted. I slipped on my favorite pair of aviator sunglasses and got into my car looking back at Tina as I did so. I gave her a small smile before sliding all the way into my car.