Chapter VII. Escape

Chapter VII.

Serena Metz' POV

I woke up the next morning with a head ache that was quickly fainting due to my returning elite abilities. I quickly gathered my dress off the floor of the room and after waiting a bit longer, I tested my telekinesis before flying out the window.

By the time I got back to my apartment I was shaking from the effort of flying. I packed a flew thing in a suitcase and threw a couple wads of cash into the bottom of my duffle bag. I threw on a scarf that covered my face a bit and some sun glasses before I grabbed my passport and called a cab.

I was just about to lock my apartment for the last time when I remember something. I went back in a grabbed the keys to my Porsche. I jumped into the elevator and went down to the lobby.

"Nolan, you have been wonderful. Thank you for your service at this building." I said smiling at the doorman.

"Miss Metz, were you going somewhere?" He asked taking in my luggage.

"Yes, somewhere far away. You have been very trustworthy and useful this past year so I would like you to do me one more favour." I handed him the keys to my car. "Keep her in shape while I'm away."

He stared at me completely shocked. "Do you know when you'll be back?"

"No idea! Until next time Nolan!" I walked out to my cab and drove away leaving him speechless on the sidewalk.

I arrived at the airport and studied a map of the world trying to decide where I wanted to go.

Enrique Mendez' POV.

I knocked on her door the next morning ready to apologize.

"Tina?" I asked knocking again. When there was no response I opened the door and found the room empty. "Crap!" I ran out of the room and hurried to the front entrance. I slipped on my shoes and ran out to my car. I drove like a mad man across the city to the address listed as Serena Metz' apartment. I ran into the building only to be stopped by a young doorman.

"Excuse me sir, you can't enter without permission from a tenant."

"I need Christine-I mean Serena Metz." I said quickly. "Do you know where she is?"

"I am sorry sir, she left this morning." He explained.

"Where did she go?" I asked panic creeping into my voice.

"I probably shouldn't tell you this sir, but it looked like she was leaving for a long time. She was packed and ready to go."

"Thank you!" I shouted already running back to my car. I drove instinctively to the airport and prayed that I would find her before she left the country and disappeared forever.

Serena Metz' POV.

Every time the line moved forwards I was reminded that I was taking a step away from the life I had always wanted.

But I can't have it.

I messed myself up and now I couldn't ever let myself go back to him. Even though he said he wanted me, I couldn't let myself give in, I was no good for him. He kept his record spotless and I messed everything up again and again.

"Wait! Ti-Serena, wait!" I heard someone yell. It was Edi, I knew before I turned around that it was him. He ran across the airport hollering as he drew attention to himself. He was proving yet again that he truly was my knight in shining armour and I didn't deserve him.

Lucky for me, I was almost in the middle of the accordion shaped line and had no chance of escape, I couldn't go to him.

"Go away," I told him in a raised voice. By now, just about the whole airport was listening to us, clearly knowing who we were and trying to figure out our connection. Trying figure out why the partying celebrity and the clean cut billionaire were yelling back and forth in an international airport.