Chapter II. Settling In

Chapter II.

I wandered around Macy's looking through some clothes trying to pass the time before I possibly got the phone call. I was just about to try on a couple of items when my phone rang. I jumped to answer it.

"Hello?" I said trying to sound calm.

"Hello, are you Serena Metz?" A male voice asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Good, I'm Ted Barnes, I was at your audition yesterday, I would like to inform you that you are being called back for a second audition." I could here the excitement in his voice and I started smiling too.

"Thank you so much!"

"We would like to have the next interview before the end of the week, so do you have anytime that you are free to come?"

"Is today to soon?" I asked.

"Not at all, what time?"

"Is 3:00 a good time?"

"Sure, and just to let you know, you will be auditioning with Jeremy Rhys as your partner, so be prepared." Ted warned.

"Alright, thank you again. Bye!"

"See you later."

I hung up and jumped up and down twice before I saw the change room attendant shoot me a look. I ducked my head and walked out the building and into the back alley before I quickly flew back to my apartment. I entered through my bedroom window and immediately took a quick shower before getting ready. I ate a yogurt and a couple of crackers before I called doorman.

"Nolan, it's Serena Metz, I was wondering if you could have my Porsche brought around for 2:15 if you are not to busy." I asked politely.

"It's fine, I'll have it waiting for you." He replied.

"Thank you." I hung up and then sat down in front of my computer. I did a quick search on Jeremy Rhys and I decided he was a fairly good actor.

Just as I was about to close the computer I changed my mind. I typed Enrique Mendez into the google search bar and hesitated before I hit enter. The first thing that popped up was MezCorp's official website, the second was a Wikipedia page. I went to the wiki page and quickly scanned over the information. There was a couple pictures of him and I immediately noticed that he had filled out a bit. His hair was black again and professionally styled. I scrolled through until I found what I was looking for. A picture of Edi sitting on a boat with a pretty little blonde girl by his side. He was in shorts and she in a bikini and a very small sarong. My fists clenched as I saw his arm around her and I quickly clicked on a link that led me to her page. Her name was Natalie Meyer and she was a Victoria's Secret model. I curled my fists and felt my nails dig into my palm. I leaned in and studied the picture closer. I looked at their body language certain to find what I was looking for.

A minute later I spotted it. He had his arm around her, but his palm was raised so only his fingertips were touching her skin. I laughed out loud with my triumph. When ever he had put his arm around me, he always had his palm and fingers touching me, in fact, he always made sure that as much of us was touching as physically and appropriately possible. I smiled and closed my computer pleased with my work.

I quickly finished getting ready before I headed down to the lobby.

"Good afternoon Nolan." I said as I waited for my car.

"Sorry, Miss Metz, your car will be here in a moment." He said.

"Nonsense, I'm early. It's not your fault." I smiled before I continued talking. "Have you been working here long?"

"Three years. I'm saving up to buy my girlfriend a ring, after that we're going to move east and settle down."

"Wonderful, though I'm sure you'll be missed." My car drove up and I paused as I walked out the door. "If you ever need to borrow a car, for a proposal or a getaway car at your wedding, just ask." I said smiling.

"Seriously?" His grew wide with shock.

"You're are good man, and I know in a few months I will really be needing a good doorman." I smirked.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"I'm on my way for a second audition for a movie with Jeremy Rhys and after I'm done that one, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a couple more." I opened my car door and paused for his response.

"Good luck!"

"Thank you!" I closed the door and sped away from the curb. I always believed that I should treat the staff of wherever I was very well because I never knew when I might need to ask a favour or need someone to trust or keep quiet about something they saw. All this was much easier to do if I already had a friendship with the staff instead of trying to persuade a stranger I usually talk down to.

In thirty minutes I arrived at Universal Studios and I went back to the room I was at before. I entered and saw the same three people as the previous day.

"Serena! It's me, Ted Barnes. We spoke on the phone." Said the skinny man.

"Hello Ted, good to see you again." I smiled and shook his hand before turning to the rest of the people standing in the room. "Let's see, he's Ted, you must be Jeremy, but I don't know your names yet." I looked back and forth between the lady and the balding man.

"I'm Clara McKinley." She stated shaking my hand.

"And I am Bruce Jacoby." I shook his hand before I stepped back and allowed them to take control of the audition.

"So, Serena, tell us a little bit about yourself." Clara asked.

"Well, I am twenty years old. I was born in Canada and ended up in foster care when I was twelve. I have always wanted to be an actor so I came up here to give it a try."

"Thank you, so the point of this audition is to see how well you act with Jeremy. It's a romance movie so you will need to have a certain chemistry. We are just making sure you are dynamic together." Bruce explained.

"I'm a dancer. I can make chemistry with a rock." I scoffed.

"Good to know, now prove it." Bruce said with a smile.

I turned to Jeremy and waited for him to speak his line. He said it and I responded. We went back and forth and I acted my heart out. I convinced everyone in the room that I was falling in love with Jeremy. As the scene came to an end I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up into his eyes. I closed my eyes and imagined Edi in my arms. I twirled my fingers in his hair and rested my forehead against his. Slowly he moved until his lips brushed mine. I curled my body closer to his and his arm tighten around my waist. We both paused and pulled away before turning back to Ted, Clara and Bruce.

They were staring at us with wonderstruck looks. "That was amazing." Clara said after a long pause.

"I think they are speechless." Jeremy said standing next to me.

"Does this happen often?" I asked hoping he would say no.

"Never."

"You're hired." Ted said. The others nodded in agreement.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." I smiled and jumped up and down.

Jeremy turned to me. "This means we need to go for celebratory drinks tonight. I'll pick you up at eight o'clock."

"See you then." I said raising a eyebrow at his boldness before I turned on my heel and left the studio.