Chapter 12. The Beginning of the End

Chapter 12.

May 15, 2013

I walked toward Ms. Marshall's school of dance and breathed in the fresh spring air. I skipped up the steps and and As I walked in I looked around for my favourite face in the universe. I barely saw him before he pulled me in and wrapped his arms around me.

"Edi!" I squeaked in surprise.

"You look stunning today." He replied with a quick kiss.

"You're back!" I wrapped my arms around him before reaching up for another kiss. "You taste good."

"New lip chap, want another taste?" He said before ducking his head to kiss me once again. As he pulled away I took a deep breath to steady myself. He seemed to notice and gave me a bit more space.

"How was your trip?" I asked.

"Good, I did lots, but I missed you. I should take you for the next trip as a good luck charm!" Edi's green eyes lit up with his brilliant idea and I had to laugh.

"We need to get changed, Mariah will be waiting for her stars." I leaned into him for a second, but as he was just about to give me a small kiss I pulled back and darted toward the change room.

"You are such a tease!" He yelled across the room. I tossed him a smirk before I slipped through the door. I quickly changed from my jeans to my tank top, yoga pants and ballet slippers. As I was hurrying into the studio, I saw Edi running out of the boys change room.

"Sorry I'm late Mariah!" I called as I walked into the studio.

"Same here." Edi said smoothly walking in behind me.

"Next time, could you wait until after the lesson to have your little make out session?" Mariah asked glaring at us.

"Sure thing boss, but I do have to admit, it is a good warm up, really gets your heart going." Edi quipped back. I barely glanced behind me as I smacked him in the chest. I stalked off to where Blaire was stretching and I plopped down beside her.

"You seem happy to have him back, he's been gone for almost three days, how did you not die without him?" Blaire said in a mocking tone.

"That is very good question." I glanced over to Edi and caught him staring at me. I gave him a quick smile before I turned back to Blaire.

"You guys are like love sick puppies, how long have you been dating now?" She asked.

"Eight months." I sighed, the best six months of my life.

"Only eight months? It seems like you guys have been together for like forever. I think you guys are honestly soul mates."

"Sometimes I think so too." I ducked my head to hide my smile because really, I knew without a doubt that we were going to end up together. The way we could read each other was amazing and we were so in sync that I almost couldn't believe it sometimes.

The rest of the practice went by in a blur and before I knew it Edi and I were making plans for hot chocolates after dance.

As I left the change room, I walked straight for Edi. He took my bag as usual and then slipped his hand into mine.

"So, Mariah told us to save our make out session for after the lesson, she basically told us to make out. We would be disobeying her if we did not kiss." He said with a wink.

"Really Edi? Really? Did you have to go there?" I shook my head in amused disgust. "You could have just told me I looked beautiful, or that I'm the best dancer ever..." I hinted trailing off.