Chapter IV. No Longer

Chapter IV

August 11, 2016.

We had been filming for the past three weeks without a day off and I was starting to get tired. I hadn't slept for more than two hours a night in over three months. It was a good thing I was special because if I wasn't Elite I probably would have died from sleep deprivation.

Jeremy and I were close, almost like siblings and I knew that we would always be friends.

"Serena, you and Jer are doing the scene leading up to and including the nighttime talking scene, you're going to be lying in bed with him and talking. Got it?" Zach, the director said. I nodded before I headed off to costuming.

I got dressed into the right thing before I headed back to the set. I was wearing a small black silk nightie that I wouldn't dare sit down in.

"We're rolling, this is take one." The film crew called out.

I sauntered onto the set and snuck up behind Jeremy. I ran my hands down his back and slowly pulled off his unbuttoned dress shirt. He slowly turned around and pressed his lips to mine. His hands trailed down the thin slip I was wearing and I felt it creep higher up my thighs. He led me to the bed and as we were trying to slowly lie down, our legs got tangled and we fell off the bed. We laughed for a moment before we continued kissing.

"Cut. Start again." Zach called.

We broke apart and he helped me up.

"I like your costume today." Jer said with a smirk.

"Yours isn't bad either." I said nodding to his boxers.

We went back to our starting positions and redid the scene. We landed on the bed successfully and made out until Zach called cut.

"Good, lets do the next part, you two are going to have your conversation I want you guys intertwined in a sheet." I tried to focus on what he was saying but the bed was so comfy and with Jer's arm causally around me I could feel sleep trying to steal away.

"Serena!" I felt someone shaking my shoulders and I groan. "Wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes and found a hundred pairs staring back at me. I jumped awake.

"What the frick!" I said with a start.

"Are you ok?" Jer asked quietly.

"I'm fine." I crossed my arms defensively. "What were you saying Zach?" I asked trying to get the focus off myself.

"Doesn't matter, everyone leave please!" Zach called across the set. My hand immediately tightened around Jer's arm.

We waited a moment for people to leave before Zach spoke. "Are you ok?" He asked sitting down on a chair by the bed.

"No. I don't sleep anymore." I said quietly. "I haven't slept since I got to LA."

Jer took my hand in his and gave it a small squeeze. "Why?"

"My sister. I keep having dreams I'm back in that cement factory. Only this time, he dies taking a bullet for me." Tears streamed down my face and Jer wrapped his arms around me and held me. He kissed my forehead and brushed a couple of stray hairs out of my eyes.

"Can we have the rest of the day off?" He whispered to Zach.

"Tomorrow too. Then you have the weekend. I want her back and in good condition on Monday." Zach ordered.

"Thank you." I whispered. Now that they knew all my energy I had spent putting on pretenses was gone. Jer got up and I slowly followed with his help. He led me back to my dressing room and I put my normal clothes back on. A couple minutes later we headed out for the parking lot.