Chapter VIII. Safe Returns

Chapter VIII

Christine Sterling's POV

"Quiero una café con leche y azucar, por favor." I said to the lady behind the counter of the coffee shop.

I had been in Europe for the past two months before I flew over to South America for a month. Now as my four months came to a close I was making my way north. I had paused my journey in Mexico and I was waiting here for a couple of days before I went back to L.A..

I sipped at my coffee and stared at the Pacific Ocean. I thought through how my first couple weeks in L.A. might go and planned for every situation I could imagine.

After two days of silent planning and scheming I flew back to L.A. and waltzed up to my apartment building. Nolan was standing at the door letting in familiar faces and nodding politely to those who didn't have access to the building.

"Good afternoon Nolan." I said with my sunglasses on and a scarf coving my head and part of my face.

"Good afternoon ma'am, who are you here to see?" He asked trying to place my face.

Instead of answering his question, I asked one in return. "How is my car doing? Did you use it in your wedding?" I asked and immediately his eyes widened.

"Miss Metz!" He shouted in a loud whisper before I shushed him. "You're back! Your flat has been kept clean and ready for your return." He pulled open the door and allowed me inside. "If there is anything you need or anything you need done, don't hesitate to call." Nolan said with a smile on his face.

I kept my sunglasses on even as I walked to the elevator. I went up to my floor and unlocked the door from inside the elevator by spinning the locking mechanism and dead bolt with my telekinesis.

I walked into my apartment and paused in the doorway taking it all in. Then I sprung into action. I flew to my room and started sending things flying. I closed my eyes and telekinetically selected items to wear. At the same time I started curling my hair and shifting myself back into a person that resembled both Serena and Christine. I grabbed my laptop and sent a message to Henri.

Hello Henri.

I need you to create some documents that will merge Serena and Christine into the same person. Thank you.

Christine Sterling.

I finished everything in rapid succession. I opened my eyes and took a look at myself. I was balanced right on the edge of Serena and Christine. It was eerie how I looked like both of them at the same time yet I couldn't pick out which features were more Christine like and what was Serena's. I had long dark hair like Christine had and blue green eyes that were balanced between Christine and Serena. I had the same body as Serena but a bit slimmer to fit the thin body of Christine. I was beautiful and dressed to flaunt my beauty.

I left my flat and headed down to the lobby.

"Nolan, do you have my keys?" I asked, ignoring the way his eyes wandered up and down my figure.

He stuttered before answering. "Um, y-yes." He reached into his pocket and handed them to me. "Third level. Row C." He said as I walked out of the building.

I walked quickly to my car and got in. It was in pristine condition. Smiling, I revved the engine and sped away. I drove to the MezCorp tower and parked in front of the doors. I walked into the building and stole an ID card off of someone. I moved along as if I belonged there and made it to the elevator without any trouble. I rode the elevator as far as I could and then telekinetically lifted it the last couple of floors to Edi's office. I scanned ahead and saw the secretary panic as the warning light flashed on her screen to signal the elevator had been overridden. I opened the doors and stepped out.