Chapter One

"Angelique Blake Taylor! Please hurry! Your breakfast is getting cold!" Angelique's Mom yelled from the downstairs kitchen.  

"I'm coming Mom!" Angelique yelled back at her Mom as she checked herself in the mirror. Spring Break just ended so that meant going back to school, and going back to school meant facing her bullies.  

Angelique had dark brown hair with chocolate highlights, and big brown eyes. She resembled so much like her Mom as many people said. She only had her Dad's bravery and courage. But she didn't believe that, she couldn't even stand up to the people that were bulling her at school. Plus, she only had one friend. Angelique had on light blue collered shirt, blue skinny jeans, and wedges. She grabbed her bag before heading downstairs.  

As she went into the kitchen she smelled the bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheese grits. She sat down and began scraffing down all of her food.  

"Wow, someone must be real hungry" Angelique looked up from her plate and saw that everyone was staring at her.  

"Oh sorry" she said with a mouth full of food. She drank her cup of orange juice.  

The total of kids that lived in the Taylors' home, including Angelique, were eight kids. A lot of people in the neighborhood wondered about it, but never started gossip. In fact, they adored the Taylors' very much.  

Their Dad worked as a surgeon at Riverfall Hospital. He had a big pay which was enough to take of the family. Their Mom was a stay-at-home Mom. She didn't work but she never complained about staying home and taking care of the babies of the family.  

Their was Dimitri, Victoria, Angelique, Alex, Michael, Katelyn, Jason, Brittney, William, and Thomas. Dimitri and Victoria were the oldest being eighteen. Alex and Angelique, fifteen. Michael and Katelyn, twelve. Jason and Brittney, ten. William and Thomas, three months old. 

"Alright, everyone listen up" Their Dad said.  

Everyone stopped eating and paid all their attention to him.  

He continued, "Spring Break is over and this means the trouble stops with you, Angelique.." 

Angelique opened her mouth to say something but stopped. Her Dad didn't really believe her when she told him about the bullying that happened to her at school. He also wanted Angelique to be something she didn't want to be. She wanted to be an author when she grew up, but her Dad didn't want her writing about fairytales.  

"Well that is all. Everyone get up time to get to school" All of the kids dispersed from the table and headed on out.  

. . . . . .  

"What do you mean you're not going?" Angelique was at her locker when her friend(and only friend), Jenessa Morales, asked her that question. 

It was about the Masquerade Ball that the school was going to have. They had it about once every year. Angelique has never gone before and Jenessa seemed okay with it. But now Jenessa was tired of her excuses and Angelique was going to go weather she liked it or not.  

"I mean, I think the Masquerade Ball is stupid. I just want to stay home and finish reading my book" Angelique answered.  

Jenessa tore the book from Angelique's hands and read the title, "Peter Pan? Really?" she said. "We're in the ninth grade and Peter Pan is nothing but for babies. You're fifteen, grow up and stop reading this crap".  

Angelique snatched the book back from her and felt herself getting angry, "Peter Pan isn't crap. Didn't you read this?". 

"Yeah... when I was like five year old. But now all my attention goes to fashion magazines and my boyfriend, Toby". 

The shrill bell rang meaning that it was time to get to class. "Come on" Angelique said as she took Jenessa by the hand and led her to first period.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

This is my first time writing a story. So please no harsh comments. Sorry if I spelt anything wrong.

This is my own little version of Peter Pan. So please comment and tell me what you think about it :DDD x 

P.S. for the video, I put up a song from the Peter Pan soundtrack. I recommend listening to it, very magical. Made me tear up a little. x