Chapter Two

As school dragged on, Angelique didn't pay attention to a word the teachers were saying. She was more focused on her book. Peter Pan. It was just so fasicinating! Their were pirates, indians, faires, and mermaids! Her Father kept telling her to stop reading fairytales and to read something much more interesting. Angelique has always been fascinated with books, and it was her dream to become an author.  

But her Father didn't approve of it. He wanted her to be something much more like a surgeon. She didn't want to be one though, she thought it was the most boring job anyone could have.  

"Mrs Taylor!" Angelique snapped her head up and saw her teacher, Mrs Gomez, staring angrily. "Please pay attention to the lesson! You don't want to fail the ninth, do you? Your grade in here is already bad enough".  

The bell signaling for Lunch rang and everyone ran out the class like it was on fire. Angelique packed her things up and was headed out the door.  

"Angelique, please focus more on school then on fairytales. I've already had a talk with your Father and he agrees with me also. All I see you read is Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast. You're in the ninth grade, read something more you're level".  

Angelique let out an angry sigh and left the room. She was tired of people telling her to stop reading fairytales. Its not like she told you to stop growing up.  

The lunchroom was full by the time she got there. She spotted her friend sitting a table alone waiting for Angelique. She walked over to her but was pushed onto the ground. All of her stuff fell out of her backpack and onto the floor as well. She looked up and saw it was her bully. Chelsea Greene.  

Nobody really knew why Chelsea hated on Angelique. But the reason why was because she was jealous. Jealous of her family and what she had. Chelsea Father was abusive and her Mother was a drunk. They didn't care about her at all. Her Mother even said she wished he got an abortion.  

As Angelique packed up her things from the ground, Chelsea snatched up her book.  

"Peter Pan?" she laughed. "Really?" 

Angelique and tried to grab it from her, but Chelsea took it away before she even could. "Please give it back. I just want to eat lunch with my friend".  

"Fine I'll give it back but hold on for a second, okay?" Chelsea flipped open the book and began tearing out pages. Her posse began laughing.  

"No!" Angelique said as she tried to reach for the book. But Chelsea threw to one of her goons and she began ripping it up. "Please stop! Give it back!". 

The kept throwing it to each other and kept ripping up the pages. Pages of the book flew around everywhere, and Angelique could almost feel the tears forming in her eyes.  

"Give it back to her!" Angelique saw Jenessa yelling at Chelsea. God, was she an amazing friend.  

"And what makes you frickin' think you can tell me what to do?" Chelsea smirked at her.  

Angelique charged. She charged at Chelsea with all her might, sending her down on the floor. People around her were cheering and chanting, "FIGHT! FIGHT!". She punched Chelsea in the face multiple times and could feel her goons trying to push her off.  

"Yeah! Go Angie!" Jenessa screamed.  

"STOP THIS INSTANT!" a loud deep voice yelled.  

Angelique got off of Chelsea and could see that she broke her nose. She also had a black eye. Angelique looked around the cafeteria and spotted the Principal. He was walking towards her real fast with anger in his eyes. He was tall bald man who always had a stern look on his face and he barked orders around like military officer.  

He looked at Angelique then back at Chelsea, his eyes went wide. "Angelique Taylor! What is the meaning of this?". 

"She started it so I ended it" Angelique answered.  

"Yeah she's right. I saw everything. Chelsea pushed her on the ground and started ripping her book--" 

"But who's the one on the floor in a bloody mess?" the Principal said cutting her off.  

"Chelsea".  

"Angelique, go to my office. I will be reporting this to your parents. Jenessa, take Chelsea to the nurse's office. Make sure no blood gets on the floor on your way there".