Epilogue

"The end".

The two kids looked at her with their mouths hanging, was that it? Was that the end of the story? Theyboth thought.

"What? Nothing else? That's it?" the girl asked her. She had short dark brown wavy hair, chocolate brown eyes, and fully pink lips. She was lying in bed, listening to her Mother's story about Peter Pan. She became fascinated with him ever ince she read the book. Then one day when she told her Mother, so her Mother told her the story. And she had been hooked on the story until the end of it.

"What do you expect, Amber?" her Mother asked.

Amber jumped out of bed and walked towards her Mother, "Did he ever come back? Did you ever see each other again?".

Her Mother shook her head 'no', "We never did see each other again".

"Amber, leave Mom alone. It's just a story. None of this stuff ever happened in real life anyways" the boy said.

Their Mother chuckled and then looked to her son, "What? You don't believe that any of this happened? I am not making this up, James".

James had curly dark brown hair, and big brown eyes. He was the oldest and was 14 years old, Amber was 13. He didn't really care for Peter Pan, he thought it was all bull. He knew his Mom was making the whole thing up. Peter Pan isn't real, so how could he believe his Mother's story. No matter how many times she told him it was real, he wouldn't believe it.

"Obviously. Mom, do you expect me to believe this? Of course Amber would. She found the book of Peter Pan in the attic and has been obesssed with it ever since" James said.

His Mom shrugged and said, "Fine. Don't believe me. I don't care. But every word I said was true, believe it or not".

"I forgot. Mom, what was your name in the story?"Amber asked.

Her Mom smiled and said, "Angelique. Angelique Blake Taylor".

"Angelique" James said. "That's a nice name".

Angelique smiled and said, "Thank you. Now time for you to get to bed".

"You're not going to tell us what happened?" Amber said.

"Nothing else happened. That was it" Angelique said as she took the tray of cookies from the nightstand.

"Did he come back?" Amber asked.

Angelique shook her head 'no', "He didn't come back. He probably forgotten about me ,and I knew he would. You can forget anything at Neverland".

Amber sighed and pulled the covers over her head. James just shrugged and went to bed. Angelique walked over to the open window and smiled. The cold air came through and sent goosebumps down her shoulders. "I couldn't wait for you anymore" Angelique said to herself. "I had to close the window sooner or later".

She turned away from the window and headed out the door. But she heard someone whisper her name. "Who's there" she said aloud.

She didn't hear anything for a minute, but then it came back again.

"Angelique?" a boy whispered, the whisper came by the window.

Angelique slowly walked over to the window, and walked out onto the balcony. No one was outside. She wrapped her robe tight around herself because the air was deadly cold.

"I think I'm just hearing things" Angelique said to herself.

She turned and walked back into the room but then she heard a tinkle."If someone's out there, you better come out! It is seriously getting annoying!" Angelique yelled.

Out of the darkness, came out a bright light flying around. Angelique followed it with her eyes and then it landed on her shoulder. She looked at it and rubbed her eyes. It was a fairy. Am I dreaming, she thought to herself. The fairy had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. The little fairy was wearing a short green dress that reached her waist.

Angelique gulped and then said quietly, "...Tinkerbell?...Is this really you? Please tell me I'm not dreaming".

Tinkerbell nodded and said into her ear, "This is really me. And you're not dreaming".

Angelique jumped up and down whilst squealing. "It is really you! You look so different!". She grabbed Tinkerbell and rubbed her on the side of her face. "I've missed you so much!".

Tinkerbell pushed her off, "Yeah. And I missed you too... I guess".

Suddenly, someone put a hand on Angelique's shoulder. Angelique slowly turned around, and saw a boy standing before her. Messy brown hair, blue eyes, and his outfit was made out of leaves, vines, and twigs. She reached out her hand and touched his face, "...Peter?"

He touched her hand and then held it. "It's me, Angelique. I'm back".

Tears streamed down her face and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and cried also. She stepped back and continued to look at his face and he did the same. "Peter. I've missed you so much".

"I missed you too, Angelique. But.. you look so different now. What happened?" he asked her.

She made a face and then said, "Peter. I'm 28 years old".

Peter stepped back and pulled out his knife. "I think I'm getting this all wrong. You can't be Angelique! She looked so much younger!".

Angelique slowly walked towards him and lowered his knife, "That was 14 years ago. I'm getting old. After you left, I left the window opened everyday. Thinking that you would come back... but you never did".

Tears crowded up in Peter's eyes, "No. This can't be, you should've just stayed at Neverland with me".

"I could if I wanted to, but I couldn't. I needed to grow up and experience life. That's what I did. I got married, got pregnant and had two beautiful kids".

Peter broke down started crying. Angelique held him and rubbed his back, "Its okay. Don't cry". Peter nodded and put his knife away. He hugged Angelique tightly and then stepped away. Tinkerbell came up beside them and wiped a tear from her eyes.

"Mom?" Angelique turned around, Amber and James were staring directly at her. Angelique stepped away from Peter and walked over to them. Amber pointed at Peter and said, "Is that who I think it is?".

Angelique nodded and Amber smiled widely. James groaned and said, "I thought the whole thing was fake".

Peter walked towards them, "My name is Peter Pan" he looked over to Tinkerbell, "and the fairy is Tinkerbell".

Amber squealed. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. "Ohmygosh! Mom, can me and James go to Neverland with Peter?".

"Who said I wanted to go?" James said.

Angelique shrugged, "Well... I don't think so. Its getting kind of late--"

Amber shaked her, "Mom? Please?".

"I'm just kidding. Of course you can go. Peter, bring them back safely. And James protect your sister".

Amber jumped up and down, and kissed her Mom on the cheek. "Thank you so much! Come on James! Let's go".

Amber took James hand, and she held onto Peter's. Peter looked at Angelique and smiled.

"What?" Angelique said.

Peter shook his head and said, "I can't believe ater all those years... you still remembered me".

Angelique smiled at him. "I can neer forget about you Peter".

And with that, Peter and Tinkerbell flew into the star-filled night sky. Her kids held onto his hand as tight as they could. Angelique smiled one more time at the sky before heading inside.