Chapter Sixteen

"I'm sorry" Angelique mumbled in her sleep. "No... please,,, don't hurt them".

Angelique gasped in a big chunk of air and sat up quickly to get away from her terrible dream. It was still night time and Angelique felt the little hideout from swaying side to side. She got up and walked out. Her eyes grew wide when she knew she was on Hook's ship, the Jolly Roger. She also got confused. Why am I here? She thought to herself.

She continued walking around the ship until she stopped at a door. She heard someone singing from inside, and it was a beautiful voice. A sign hung on the door 'Captain James Hook". She pushed the door open and walked in. Mr Smee turned around and shushed her to be quiet, she walked further in and saw Hook playing on the piano.

"Avast belay the English brig" Hook sang whilst playing the piano. "We took and quickly sang for a warning to the crew. We made them walk the plank, yo ho yo ho the frisky plank. He walks along it so".

"Good, isn't he?" Mr Smee asked.

Angelique nodded.

"Till it goes down and you's go down. To tooral looral loo" Hook sang before ending the song.

"He wrote himself" Mr Smee said.

When the song ended, Hook turned to Angelique and smiled. "Angelique...Taylor".

Mr Smee rushed her over to the dining table and sat her down. Mr Smee gave showed her a wine, Angelique crinkled her nose because it kind of smelled. "Muscat?".

"I can't drink that" Angelique said.

"Do you want rum then?".

She shook her head and said, "No thanks".

Hook pushed away Smee and came beside her. "So, I'm told you ran away from home?".

Angelique looked down at her feet and then back at Hook, "Ran away from home? I never really thought of it that way I guess".

As she told Hook that, Angelique heard a slight tinkling and turned around quickly. But saw nothing.

"Amazing" Hook said whilst smiling.

"I got into a fight with my parents" Angelique continued. "They were going to send me away and told me stop reading dumb fairytales. They wanted me to grow up".

Hook made a sort-of sad face and said, "Ugh, growing up. Nobody wants to grow up. You get all this acne that's hard to get rid of and more responbilites".

Angelique nodded sadly, "Everything was so much easier when I was younger".

Hook took a sip of h is wine. "When you get older, you tend to get feelings. Pan is lucky he doesn't have to deal with that".

Angelique looked down at her feet and could feel her eyes tearing up.

"Wait, he can't love. Terrible, isn't it?" Hook said before taking another drink.

Mr Smee walked towards her and offered her a cigar but she turned it down. She felt more of the tears, streaming down her cheeks. Hook ordered Smee away and went over to Angelique. He wiped away her tears, "Don't cry. It doesn't have to be that way.. Did you ever want to become a pirate?".

A smile spread acrossed Angelique's face and she said, "I've always thought of calling myself..."

"Come on, spit it out" Hook said.

"Red-Handed Jill".

"What a wonderful name!" Hook shouted and Mr Smee clapped happily. "We'll call that if you want to join my crew".