Ch.6

Sumedh, Amit and Rohan were thrown inside the jail. The inspector shut the gate behind them.

"Arrey! Inspector suniye toh!" Rohan begged.

"Abhi chup chaap andar raho! Khabardar jo ek shabd bola! Mujhe ghin aa rahi hai yeh dekhkar ki humare state ke CM sahab ne kisi aurat ka rape karne ki koshish ki! How dare you? Itni important post par rehkar bhi kanoon se khela tumne?!" The inspector yelled at them. He was a 50-year-old man with a bald head. His uniform displayed various medals and badges. He seemed to be a very loyal civil servant.

"Ab jab tak tumhe bail karane koi nahi aayega tab tak tum kuch nahi bologe." The inspector warned. The three of them quietly nodded. The inspector left.

"Ab humare bail karane kaun aayega? Humne toh ghar par inform bhi nahi kiya hai...Sab Aarushi ko dhoondne gaye honge abhi." Sumedh said clutching his hair. All of them sat down on the ground.

"Dekhte hai...koi toh aayega hi..." Amit said.

                      *************

Sam called Siddharth.

"Aarushi mili?" She asked curiously.

Siddharth, Vedanti, Mugdha and Nivi were sitting on the sofa with the centre table in the middle upon which a notepad and a pen were kept. They were listing down all the places where  Aarushi could possibly be.

"Nahi yaar...pata nahi kahan hogi..." Siddharth said sadly. He was feeling very guilty for his deeds.

"Acha mein bhi aa rahi hun tum logo ke saath..." Sam declared.

"Arrey, par tumhari abhi toh delivery hui hai...you need rest..." Siddharth replied shocked.

"Siddharth, I'm a Gynaecologist, mujhe ache se pata hai mein kya kar sakti hun aur kya nahi...besides Yudhveer bhi mere saath aayega hi piche piche....hum apni baby ko nahi le sakte...woh incubation mein hai...so we might as well just come and help you guys..." Sam explained.

"Thik hai..." Siddharth agreed.

Sam cut the call. She and Yudhveer went to meet everyone.

                ***************

Everyone was racking their brains. Sam got bored. Then she remembered that she had to call Bandana to ask her about a vaccine for her daughter.

She decided to call Bandana.

After two rings, Bandana picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Bandana asked.

"Arrey sun, woh B.C.G.  vaccine hai tere paas? " Sameeksha asked her.

"Mere paas toh nahi par Dr. Saurabh ke paas hai...he is a paediatric..." Bandana replied. "Mein unse bol dungi ki woh tumhe bhijva de..."

"Oh okay thanks alot..." Sam said.

"Kya hua? Kuch problem hai...?" Bandana asked with concern.

"Arrey nahi zyaada kuch nahi bas woh Aarushi kahin chali gayi hai...and   sab, especially Siddharth, bahut pareshan hai..." Sam explained. Bandana widened her eyes.

"Arrey, Aarushi mere saath hai..." Bandana said quietly. She glanced around her to see if Aarushi was nearby. The coast was clear. Aarushi  was in another room watching T.V. Bandana had forcefully made her sit down and watch T.V. as she was talking utter nonsense in her drunk state.

"Kya??! Are you serious????" Sam asked surprised. "Guys, Aarushi is with Bandana!" She told the others.

"Thank god mil gayi..." Yudhveer muttered.