Ch.18

Bandana was flipping through some book on female psychology. She bit her lip as her eyes read the 'PMS-ing' of a woman. Suddenly, she remembered Devaki. Devaki had definitely been a hog. It was not her fault that she was craving cottage cheese. Bandana had to give Devaki's hormones credit for that.

Bandana continued reading for a while until her phone beeped at the bedside. She picked it up and unlocked it. When she saw the sender of the message she rolled her eyes.

"Yeh ladka kitna bada idiot hai." She muttered. The text was from Samridh.   It contained a single hey.

Bandana decided to ignore it. She kept her phone back on the bedside table. She got back to her book. Just as she reached the part about post-pregnancy trauma, her phone beeped again. Bandana made a face.

She picked up the phone and unlocked it again.

Missing me? The text read.

Bandana decided to reply this time.

She simply wrote 'फक आॅफ' and clicked  on the send button.

A few minutes later, her phone rang.

She smirked.

                                  ■  ■  ■

Amit, Sumedh and Aarushi were in a meeting. All the senior and important members of the party were present there. They were discussing town planning.

"Sir hume iss taraf ek flyover bana dena chahiye. Idhar bahut traffic ikkhata ho jata hai jisse logoko bahut takleef hoti hai. Humare department mein bahut saare complaint letters aaye hai iske baare mein." The department head informed Amit. The CM looked grim.

"Ek minute. Par Flyover ke plan ke beecho beech Sahara Trust ka Women's Night school hai. Hum use kissi bhi haalat mein nahi todh sakte." Aarushi argued. A low murmur spread amongst everyone. Amit seemed to consider this and stared into space thinking about the various consequences of this plan.

"Iss road par bahut illegal jhopde hai...hum unhe hatwa sakte hai...usse road zyada broad ho jayegi...logoko koi takleef nahi hogi phir..." Sumedh suggested.

"Nahi...road agar badi ho bhi jaye toh bhi bahut traffic hoga...illegal jhopde toh khali 10-15 honge....unhe hatwane se zyada kuch farak nahi padega..." The head of the department stated.

"Traffic kam karne ke liye hum mahilao ke vikaas ko daao par nahi laga sakte!" Aarushi slammed her hand on the table.

"Toh ek kaam kijiye na! Aap hi unn complaints ka uttar de dijiye!" The Head raised his voice. Aarushi huffed.

"Woh jo bhi ho, boss, agar Night School ko tudva diya toh publicly humari bahut bezzati hogi...they'll be riots and strikes....saari mahilaye bhook hartal par utar aayengi...phir aap kya karenge? Hum apni bahumat kho bethenge. Phir aap banate rehna flyover bina kissi support ke." Aarushi said. Sumedh nodded in agreement.
The head ignored Aarushi.

"CM sir, aap ka kya kehena hai?" Everyone looked at Amit. He bit his lower lip and thought for a while.

"Mujhe thoda time do...mein thoda soch vicharkar wapas ek meeting rakhunga...tab hum sab ek final decision lenge..." Amit finally declared. Everyone agreed.

                              ■  ■  ■

Devaki seemed to feel a little lighter. She felt as if some kind of weight was lifted off her shoulders. Her day had started off well with her visiting Siddhivinayak Temple with Randhir in the morning. Randhir had been surprised by the sudden change in her behaviour. Last night she had declined his offer of listening to bhajans and today she wanted to visit the temple. 

Randhir was talking on the phone with someone near the window of their master bedroom. Devaki came out of the washroom after taking a bath and was drying her long hair with the towel. Randhir's call ended and he walked towards Devaki. Randhir stared at Devaki's yet fit figure as the moist translucent kurta clung to her body flaunting her various curves.

"Tum pregnant hokar bhi itni sexy lagti ho. It makes me want to make more babies." Randhir teased and poked Devaki's bare back. Devaki sighed.

"Dekh lo meri body jitna dekhna hai abhi. Baadmein toh mein fulkar gubaara banne wali hun." She frowned like a small child whose lollipop had just been snatched away. Randhir snaked his arms around her waist and her stomach.

"Arrey? Ismein itna sad kyun ho rahi ho? Mein toh tumhe mota karke hi rahunga. Our child should receive proper nutrition. Mujhe ek chubby-chubby sa cute sa bacha chahiye." Randhir kissed her cheek. Devaki smiled. "Mein tumse bahut zyaada pyaar karta hun Devaki. I don't care about your looks. Tum agar mere saamne cockroach bankar bhi aao na tab bhi mein tumse utna hi pyaar karunga jitna abhi karta hun."

"Eee! Kaisa ganda example liya tumne Randhir! Chee! Hatto!" She pushed him away. He laughed. Devaki chuckled. "But on a serious note, thankyou Randhir. Mujhe acha laga yeh sunkar." She smiled.

"Bas..." Randhir also smiled. "Bas yehi muskaan tumhare chehre par dekhne ke liye meri aankhen barso se taras rahi thi."

Devaki smiled wider. Suddenly, Randhir's phone rang again. Randhir looked at the caller I-D.

"Arrey?  Isko kya hua. Samridh ka call aya hai." Randhir informed Devaki and went out of the room to attend the call. Devaki felt something unusual take over her body. She felt knots in her stomach.

"Samridh se mujhe negative vibes aa rahi hai pata nahi kyun..." Devaki muttered. 

                                    ■ ■ ■

That evening, Vedanti was pacing back and forth in her room. She felt very restless. Something was bothering her but she didn't know what exactly.

She was waiting for Sumedh to get back home. She looked out of the window to check if Sumedh's car had entered the driveway or not. No such luck. Finally, after 30 minutes, she became tired and sat down on the bed. A few minutes later, she heard a car being parked in the garage followed by footsteps. Moments later, the door creaked open.

Vedanti expected it to be Sumedh but when she turned around to see who it was...

A loud scream engulfed the silence of the house.

Cliffhanger? Hahahahahhahaa. Many of you all might be wanting to bury me alive after this.

Honestly speaking, I absolutely love torturing my readers. (If I have any for that matter.)

Stay tuned for more creepy shits.

Loads of love,

Your Most Fav Creepy Author👽👾❤😚