Ch.14

Skips a day.

Mugdha was waiting infront of Bandana's clinic. Amit was supposed to be present 5 minutes ago but he still hadn't arrived. She tapped her foot as she listened to songs and waited patiently. Suddenly, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She got startled as she was not paying attention to her surroundings and whirled around to find her husband looking hot as hell. Dressed in chinos and a Polo t-shirt with his hair swept behind, he grinned at her. He checked her out from head to toe from under his Ray-bans.

She stood infront of him wearing a cute, flowery summer dress which wailed around her bulging stomach. She felt a little embarrassed because Amit was checking her out infront of all the passers by. She playfully hit his toned bicep.

"Aap 5 minute late hain."

Amit sighed. He took her hand in his and lightly caressed the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry, Moo. Bahut kaam hai...phir bhi kissi tarah humare bache ke liye mein time nikalkar aaya hun." He weakly smiled. Mugdha looked down at the ground. What response would she give to this? She quietly nodded her head.

"Waise aajkal dresses bahut pehanne lagi ho tum...achi lagti ho...tumhe suit aur kurto mein dekhkar mera mann thoda bhar gaya tha..."He playfully teased her. Mugdha smiled.

"Ab ek Fashion Designer ko apni best friend banakar ghumungi toh aur kya hoga?" Mugdha laughed. Amit chuckled.
He looked at his watch.

"Chalo, chalo, jaldi karo. Appointment ka time ho gaya hai." Amit gently ushered Mugdha inside Bandana's clinic. Their actual doctor was Sameeksha but Sam was not attending her clinic because she had to take care of her new born infant. Yudhveer was not of much help and she didn't trust her baby alone with him.

They entered Bandana's clinic and were immediately greeted by full scale pictures of small babies smiling. Mugdha's face grew into a wide smile. Looking at Mugdha smile, Amit too smiled.

"Humara baby bhi ek din humari baaho mein hoga..." Mugdha dreamed. Amit smiled wider. He picked up Mugdha's hand and lightly brushed his lips against her knuckles. They walked upto the reception.

"Yes...?" The receptionist asked. She was a lady probably in her mid 20s. Her hair were streaked with gold and her face had the massive glow of a youth. She was very impressive by looks.

The receptionist looked up at Mugdha and Amit. As soon as she saw Amit, her gaze fixed on his lips. Mugdha frowned. The woman was staring at her husband. Amit stood their awkwardly. He threw a glance at Mugdha and saw her face burning in anger. He widened his eyes.

Mugdha snapped her fingers infront of the receptionist. She jumped back to reality.

"Bandana hai?" Mugdha asked rudely. Amit grabbed her hand to calm her down. The receptionist gave her an irritated look.

"Umm..uhh...haan...hold on a second." She stammered. She opened the door beside her and entered inside. They heard her mumble a few things before she came out.

"Aap andar jaa sakte hai..." The receptionist said.

"Thankyou." Mugdha laid emphasis on her gratitude towards the receptionist.

They entered inside the room. Bandana was chatting with someone on her phone. She looked up when she heard the door open. She saw Amit and Mugdha enter the room. Mugdha looked clearly pissed off for some odd reason. Amit was looking apologetic.

"Aayiye, Mr. and Mrs. Pandit!" Bandana greeted them cheerfully.

"Agli baar nahi aaungi." She heard Mugdha mutter under her breath. Bandana gave them a puzzled look. Amit shrugged.