Ch.13

Bandana looked at her watch. Samridh was running 10 minutes late.  She huffed in annoyance and started scrolling through her phone. She had been waiting at Starbucks since the past 20 minutes. Everyone around her was enjoying and here she was waiting for her boyfriend of 5 years. Never in their relationship of 5 years had Samridh ever been on time. After all, he was a politician. He was a busy man.

Bandana was scrolling through her old pictures with Samridh when she felt a pair of hands blocking her view. She smiled but didn't show it.

"I swear if you're some kidnapper I will judo flip you right here infront of everyone." Bandana warned. A familiar voice chuckled.

"Agar mujhe tumhe kidnap karna hi hota toh inn sab ke saamne kyun karta...." He sat infront of her. He was  casually dressed in a pair of faded jeans, white v-neck t-shirt and a brown leather jacket. He looked at her.

"Tumne kuch order nahi kiya?" He asked. Bandana rolled her eyes.

"Mein ek certain 'Samridh Patwardhan' ka intezaar kar rahi thi. Hello mister, you're 10 minutes late." She snapped. He raised his hands in surrender and made an innocent face.

"I'm sowey..." he apologized in a childish tone. Bandana smiled.

"Natak." She teased.

Samridh laughed and got up to go to the counter. Before going he asked Bandana.

"As usual...?" He asked. She gave him a 'duh' look. He chuckled.

Samridh went to the counter and ordered. A few minutes later, he came back and sat infront of Bandana with a tray.

"Lo...tumhara favourite Java Chip." He  handed her the drink.

"Aur tumhara cappuccino." Bandana said smiling.

"Yessss." Samridh added the unwanted hiss.

They both sipped on their drinks. Bandana decided to spark a conversation.

"Waise aaj tumne mujhe achanak kyun bulaya?" Bandana asked. Samridh choked on his drink.

"Arrey...haan...abhi....ummm..." Samridh stammered. He was, as such, a very confident man but when it came to his girlfriend he was nothing more than a mouse. He loved Bandana alot and vice versa. Both were each other's weaknesses.

Bandana raised her eyebrows.

"Yes...?" She asked taking another sip of Java Chip.

"Woh...umm...yeh khao pehle tum." He handed her a blueberry muffin. Bandana gave him a funny look.

"Blueberry muffin khane ke liye mujhe achanak bulaya tumne...?" Bandana laughed.

"Arrey, tum pehle khao toh sahi..." He said. Bandana took the muffin from him and took a bite.

"Yummm..." She moaned with pleasure. "Masssst hai!"

Samridh looked at her chewing the muffin with worry.

"Umm...muffin soft hai...?" He asked. Bandana rolled her eyes.

"Nahi...Starbucks walo ne chamdi jaise sakt muffin bechne ka theka liya hai." Samridh sighed. Bandana took another bite. This time, however, something hard hit her teeth.

"Owww!" She clutched at her tooth. "Yeh kya hai?"

When she looked down she gasped in shock. An extremely beautiful diamond ring lay in the palm of her hands. She looked up at Samridh with widened eyes. He scratched his head awkwardly and gave her a weird smile. Suddenly, he got up from his chair and began announcing infront of everyone.

"Umm...Bandana Jassi....mein tumhe pichle 7 saalo se jaanta hun aur pichle  5 saalo se tumhare saath relationship mein hun. Trust me, these 7 years have been heaven for me. I see your face and get inspired, babygirl. Agar din mein meine tumhara chehra ek bhi baar na dekha ho toh mera mann bahut bechain ho jata hai. Tumhari awaaz na sunu toh mere kaan tadapne lagte hai. Tumhare hugs, my god, they are like my drugs. Jab bhi tum mujhe 'I love you bolti ho' mere dil ki dhadkan Ferrari se bhi tez dodhti hai. Tumhare chehre par ek pyaari si muskaan dekhne ke liye mein saath samundar ter sakta hun...Tum jaisi Bandariya ka Bandar ban sakta hun...College ke din jab yaad aate hai toh kitna acha lagta hai. Remember humari first date par meine tumhare upar apni Cappuccino  udel di thi galti se? Our first date was here, Bandana. Starbucks. Phir Marine Drive, Queens Necklace, par raat ko humara photoshoot. Kaise hum dono ne milkar logon par pranks khele the. Aise hum dono ke bahut saare memories hai..." He took a pause. He bent down on his knee and presented the diamond ring infront of Bandana.

"In paanch saalo mein meine tumme apni jhalak dekhi. It was then that I concluded that you're my soul mate. Bandana, I love you. I really, really love you alot. I know ki tum mujhse bhi utna hi pyaar karti ho...and so here I am, on my knees, praying to God that you would accept my proposal and marry me. Mujhse shaadi karlo, Bandana. I-I can't live without you anymore. You're a part of me now..." He pleaded. Bandana's mouth hung open. She couldn't believe it. He had asked her to marry him. Everyone around them was waiting for Bandana's response. Happy tears streamed down Bandz' face.

Her face broke out into a smile. She nodded happily.

"Yes...yes....YES!" She jumped and hugged him in happiness. Everyone around them cheered and whistled. Samridh made her wear the ring on her left ring finger. Bandana stared adoringly at the newly added jewellery. Samridh kissed her forehead.

"A free drink for the newly engaged couple!" The Starbucks guy at the counter announced. Everyone laughed. "What name should I write on the cup?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Patwardhan." Samridh replied with a grin.

                       *************

At Sameeksha and Yudhveer's house.

Vedanti and Mugdha paced back and forth inside the room. On the bed, Devaki and Aarushi were lying unconscious.  Randhir was sitting by Devaki's side and Siddharth was sitting by Aarushi's side. Amit and Sumedh were sitting on the chairs. Sameeksha was nursing Devaki. Suddenly, Yudhveer entered the room with alot of excitement.

"Sameeksha!" Yudhveer exclaimed. Everyone looked at him.

"Kya hua?" Sam asked.

"Sammmmyyyy!!! We can get our baby home!!! Hospital se phone aaya tha!!!  Our baby is fit and fine." Everyone broke into smiles. Sameeksha jumped up with joy.

"Challo!!!!! Jaldiiiii!!! Mujhe milna haiii mere baby se!" She yelled in excitement.

"Oh...Congratulations!" Randhir awkwardly said.

"Thankyouuu!" Yudhveer replied happily.

"Wah...jao tum dono...lekar aao baby ko...hum log yahan hai if you don't mind abhi inn dono ko hosh nahi aaya hai..." Siddharth said.

"Arrey, Kaisi baat kar rahe ho Siddharth! Ofcourse you guys can stay. Aur Randhir meine Devaki ko check kar liya hai...minor cuts par ointment laga di hai...She should be fine...Exertion ke karan she became unconscious." Sameeksha informed. Randhir nodded and took Devaki's  hands in his.

"Aur Aarushi...?" Veda asked worriedly.

"Honestly Speaking, mujhe nahi pata usse kya hua hai..." Sameeksha said helplessly. Sid looked down worriedly at Aaru who was growing pale.

"Devaki utho na...I need you to get up, baby." Randhir tried to wake Devaki up.

Suddenly, at the sane time both Aarushi and Devaki began to stir. Everyone was alarmed. Both of them seemed uncomfortable in their sleep.

"Dadaji..." Aarushi cried in her sleep.

"Aajoba..." Devaki trailed off.

Everyone stared at them.

What was going on?