Ch.10

"Amit...aap kal hi undercover gaye hai aur mujhe abhi se bahut akelapan mehsoos ho raha hai..." Mugdha complained to Amit. He chuckled.

"Moo, tumhe iski aadat ho jaani chahiye thi ab tak." He replied walking upto the window in his room. The moon lit up the sky and the stars danced around in joy. The sea waves just beneath it helped to calm Amit's nerves. The sea breeze fanned Amit's face. He sat on the window sill.

"Kitne kharab ho aap. Aapki ardhangini idhar aapki tanhayi mein doob mar rahi hai aur aap ho ki..." Mugdha scoffed. Amit smiled.

"Acha? Meri tanhayi mein mar rahi ho tum???" He asked.

"Haan..." She replied.

"Iska matlab mera chotu sa baby bhi meri tanhayi  mehsoos kar raha hoga..." Amit said.

"Toh...?" Mugdha asked confused.

"Toh kya? Kuch nahi mein toh aise hi pooch raha tha." Amit laughed. Mugdha let out a cry of frustration.

"CM toh ho aap. Lekin aapke jokes kitne bekaar hai. Hasee bhi nahi aati. Bas aap khud hi apne aap ko humorous samjhte ho aur apne hi jokes par haste ho." Mugdha rolled her eyes. Amit laughed harder. He glanced at his watch.

"Moo, its 1 a.m., Tumhe rest karna chahiye. Jao so jao. Kal subah baat karenge." Amit said with concern.
Mugdha yawned.

"Haan...Even I think I should sleep. Kal check up ke liye jaana hai...aapko yaad hai na? Aap aayenge na?" Mugdha asked. Amit's eyes widened.

"Oh shit!" He cursed. How could he forget?

"Kya hua? Yaad nahi tha?" Mugdha asked. She seemed a little upset.

"Nahi...but don't worry, mein kaise bhi karke aaunga...tum chinta mat karo." He assured her. Suddenly, her face lit up with a bright smile.

"Okay...goodnight!" She chirped happily.

"Goodnight, Moo." Amit smiled. She ended the call. Amit locked his phone and threw it in his pocket. He began to pace back and forth in his room. He couldn't sleep. He walked downstairs into the living room of the farmhouse.

It was pitch dark. He was about to switch on the T.V. to watch some news when suddenly, there was a loud crash in the kitchen. He became alert and quickly crept towards the kitchen. He grabbed a vase on the way.

"Kaun hai yahan?" He asked firmly as he entered the kitchen. He saw a man with a dark coloured blanket over him. He was bent towards the open refrigerator. On the ground, next to his feet, fresh milk had been spilt with the 'patila' fallen nearby. Amit shouted angrily.

"Kaun ho tum?! Kya chahiye?! Security ke baawajud kaise ghuse tum???" He put his arms around the man's neck and began to knead him in the stomach.

"Owww!" A familiar voice moaned. Amit froze. Suddenly, the kitchen lights went on. The sleepy figure of Aarushi stood there.

"Kya kar rahe ho tum dono?" Aarushi  yawned standing infront of the man and Amit. She was dressed in sweat pants and sweat shirt just like Amit.

"Tum dono matlab?" Amit asked surprised. Aarushi looked at him as if he had grown horns on his head.

"Yeh Sumedh hai na?" She asked pointing at the man inside the blanket.

"What?" Amit asked blinking completely confused.

"Jab tum abhi isse maar rahe the toh Sumedh ki aawaz suni meine..." Aarushi explained. Amit made an awkward face. He quietly helped the man to face him. Gently, he removed the blanket off the man.