Ch.11

Siddharth, Mugdha, Vedanti, Sameeksha and Yudhveer were sitting in Sameeksha and Yudhveer's living room watching Titanic. They had ordered pizza from Pizza Hut sometime back.

"Yeh kya dekh rahe hai hum?" Yudhveer made a face. Sameeksha, Mugdha and Vedanti had tears flowing out of their eyes and were constantly dabbing their handkerchief on their eyes. Titanic was sinking just like their hearts.

"Aarushi ko yeh movie bahut boring lagti hai." Sid laughed. Suddenly, he frowned. He was missing Aarushi alot. From three days, he hadn't seen her. Her constant jabbering about how shit her life had become was something he was longing for now. He had told her multiple times to keep her mouth shut but now that she was away, he was missing her more than ever.

"Mujhe bhi yaar!" Yudhveer despaired. The door bell rang. Sameeksha got up to answer the door. It was the pizza delivery guy. She handed him the money and took the food from him.

"Food's here!" She cheered. Everyone started chattering all at once.

"Chillax people!" Sameeksha laughed.

"Sam mujhe bhook lagi hai khana laooooo!" Yudhveer complained. Sam rolled her eyes.

"Tumhe khana sabse last mein milega ab." Sam declared and went into the kitchen to fetch plates and glasses for everyone. 

"Saaaaaaammmm pleaseeeeeee! Mein thak gaya hun bahut zyaada! Aaj hum apne baby se milne gaye the naaaa!" Yudhveer groaned. Sam rose her eyebrows.

"Mein bhi toh gayi thi...toh uss hisaab se mein bhi bahut thaki hun. So therefore, Mr. Yudhveer, G.O.  T.O.   H.E.L.L."

Yudhveer huffed.

"Mujhe Sumedh ki bahut yaad aa rahi hai yaar!" Vedanti whined.

"Amit toh mujhse milenge kal...Sonography ke liye jaana hai." Mugdha beamed.

"Awww...Sumedh se baat karni padegi ab. Parso mujhe bhi jaana hai." Veda laughed. Everyone chuckled.

Sam came in with all the cutlery. They all hogged on the food like bhikaris.

"Mandir khula nahi aur bhikari haazir." Yudhveer muttered under his breath. He was standing behind everyone because he was supposed to eat last.  Sameeksha looked up.

"Kya bola tumne, huh?" Sameeksha challenged. Yudhveer feared her wrath so he just shook his head.

"Nahi...kuch nahi..."

The door bell rang again. Sameeksha frowned.

"Ab kaun aaya hoga?" She wondered.

"Ruko mein dekhta hun..." Yudhveer said and walked towards the door to open it.

"Woah...aap?" Everyone heard Yudhveer at the door. Everyone hid the food in case some guest had come.

                        ************

Randhir's P.O.V.

I was watching the news when suddenly the doorbell rang. I quickly muted the volume of the television and hopped off the bed to go downstairs and open the door.

I was surprised to see who had visited me at this hour. It was 11:30 p.m.
A pandit kind of person was standing infront of me. He was dressed  weirdly. He wore denims with an orange kurta on top. He had an orange bandanna across his forehead. [A/N: Not Bandana Jassi. This bandana means a headband like a handkerchief kind of thing.]

To top it all, he was wearing sunglasses at night.

"Ji...? Kuch kaam hai mujhse?" I asked.

"Uh, haan...kya mein andar aa sakta hun?" The person asked with a weird voice. His speech seemed so forced. I frowned. As if he was forced to talk with a heavy voice.

"Par aap hai kaun?" I asked becoming alert.

"Arrey, Randhir shutup and let me in." The person hissed in a familiar voice. My eyes widened.

Aarushi Nigam.

My mouth hung open as I watched her look here and there to see if anyone heard her. Why was she here at this time?  I quickly moved aside and allowed her to enter the house.

She walked in with a low 'thanks' as I shut the door behind her. As soon as I shut the door she removed all her sunglasses and bandanna. I immediately recognized her.

"Oho...aaj mujhe saakshaat Aarushi Nigam ke darshan ho gaye. Mein toh dhanya ho gaya!" I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Tum mein aur tumhari darling biwi mein zyaada antar nahi hai...dono bahut bakwaas karte ho." She scoffed. "No wonder you guys are married."

"Oh, look whose the one to talk. Tumhe dekhkar toh lagta hai tumhare pati ne sanyaas grahan kar liya hoga ab tak." I laughed. She threw daggers at me from her eyes. I shutup immediately.

"Dekho, mein idhar joke maarne nahi aayi hun. I need to talk to you about something." Aarushi said seriously. I bet this was the first time ever that she was actually being serious. I rose my eyebrows. I escorted her inside the living room and we sat down on different sofas.

"Now shoot." I said. Aarushi took in a deep breath.

"Okay...dekho ab jo mein tumhe bataane jaa rahi hun usse tum dhyaan se sunna. You may not believe me, but trust me, I don't lie in such matters." Aarushi said gravely.

"I'm listening, go on."

"Look Randhir, Devaki is possessed by a spirit." She said in a hushed tone and waited to see my reaction. I gasped.

"Yeh kya bakwaas kar rahi ho tum? Tumhara dimaag thikaane par toh hai na??" I asked with a look of astonishment. She sighed.

"Mujhe pata hai ki it's difficult to digest and alot to take in but yeh sach hai. Devaki ko kissi budhiya ki spirit ne posses kiya hai." Aarushi explained. She narrated to me all the incidents in series.

My mouth hung open. How was this possible? Devaki was normal when I left home.

Phir aisa kaise?

Then I remembered how I had noticed a change in a behaviour these past few months.

Eww....so that means I had been romancing an old lady? I literally slept with the spirit of an old lady? Yuck. The bubble bath. Ahhhh.

"Hail to Earth, Mr. Mahajan!" Aarushi  snapped her fingers infront of my eyes. I shook my head. I hadn't realised that I had zoned out.

"Oh sorry..." I mumbled. Then I looked up at Aarushi again.

"Prove karke dukhao mujhe. Tum aise hi bina kissi proof ke meri wife ke khilaaf kuch nahi bol sakti ho." I folded my arms across my chest and leaned back on the sofa. Aarushi was taken aback. 

"Prove kaise karun?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Mujhe kya pata? Tum aakar mujhe yeh news bata rahi ho. Woh bhi Devaki ke against. Hum opposition mein hai. Why should I believe you?" I explained. Suddenly, Aarushi's phone rang at her side. She picked up her phone.

"Hello...? Sumedh...?" She asked. Sumedh said something and Aarushi's eyes gleamed.

"Haan....okay...I am just leaving....Hum direct tum logon ko Sam ke ghar milenge." Aarushi  said in a hurry.

"Hum?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Haan, hum. Chalo jaldi, I got a massive proof for you." Aarushi smirked standing up. I looked at her confused.

"Devaki Sameeksha aur Yudhveer ke ghar mein ek cupboard ke upar bhootni ki tarah viraajmaan hai."

To be continued...