Ch.7

Siddharth, Aarushi, Vedanti, Mugdha, Nivi, Sameeksha, Yudhveer and Bandana entered the police station.

"Sir???? Sumedh Mudgalkar, Amit Pandit aur Rohan Mehra kaha hai???" Vedanti pleaded the inspector to tell her.

"Veda...?" She heard Sumedh's voice. She looked in the direction of the voice and found all three of them behind the bars. Her mouth hung open. She gaped at the inspector.

"Yeh possible kaise hai???? Amit Pandit is CM of the state. How dare you all? Aap CM ko aise mistreat kaise kar sakte hai?" Mugdha asked with a horrified look.

"Aur nahi toh kya! Abhi yeh log sirf custody mein hai...inpar laga aarop abhi siddh nahi hua hai!" Vedanti exclaimed.

"Yes, you're right, Veda. Inspector aapko inke saath interrogation karna chahiye...aur aap ho ki unhe salaakho ke peeche daal diya..." Nivi said.

"Toh aap log hume sikhayenge ki karyawahi kaise karni hai humein?" The inspector challenged. Vedanti got pissed.

"Moo...Call karo Senior Inspector Vasant Rao ko. Abhi issi waqt." Vedanti gritted her teeth. The inspector seemed to not care.

"Haan ruko. Karti hun." Mugdha eyed the inspector.

Aarushi just remained calm. She just gazed intently at the man infront of her. She noticed his eyes.

"Nivi!" Aarushi  whisper-yelled at Nivi.

"Haan?" Nivi replied.

"Inspector ki aankhon ko dekh...kaisi stormy types hai...as if he is under some influence..." Aarushi informed. Nivi looked at the man's eyes.

"Haan yaar, tum sahi keh rahi ho..." Nivi said.

"Umm...mujhe toh kuch solid gadbad lag rahi hai..." Sameeksha said. Mugdha was pacing back and forth conversing with the Senior Inspector.

Sid and Yudhveer went to the three of them.

"Fikar mar karo ji...hum tum teeno ko bahar nikal ke hi rahenge!" Yudhveer said happily. Everyone gave him a weird look.

"Yeh itna khush kyun hai?" Rohan asked with a twisted face.

"Mein khush hun..?" Yudhveer stupidly asked.

"Nahi. Tum aansuo ki nadiya baha rahe ho apne naino mein se." Sumedh sarcastically pointed out.

"Sathiya gaya hai..." Sid mumbled.

"Kya...?" Yudhveer asked.

"Kuch nahi bhai! Tu shanti rakh na!" Amit 'requested' Yudhveer to keep quiet.

Mugdha came back to everyone surrounding the Inspector's table.
She nodded looking at the girls.

"Woh aa rahe hai.." Mugdha informed glaring at the Inspector.

"Good." Aarushi  exhaled and went to sit down somewhere. Bandana and Sameeksha followed her. Vedanti, Mugdha and Nivi went to their husbands in the cell.

"Tu theek aahes na?(you're okay, right?)" Vedanti asked Sumedh with tears in her eyes. Sumedh looked at his teary-eyed wife.

"Mau...Ro mat..." Sumedh cooed stroking her face lightly through the bars. "Ho, mein theek hun..."

Vedanti smiled at him through her tears.

"Amit!" Mugdha cried. "Kaise hua yeh sab??" She asked.

"Moo...woh hua yun ki..." He narrated the entire incident to her.

"Uski itni himmat!" Nivi hissed.