Kabanata 5

Kabanata 5

Levireigh

My wolf nearly growled at me as I threated to chuckle the moment I saw how Tracy's face turned pale. The beast has been growing more and more impatient lately, wanting to reunite with its other half. I can't blame my wolf. I myself, too is dying to have this woman back in my city.

I watched her pretty face remain in a state of shock until my gaze slowly traveled down to her parted lips. Napawi ang kagustuhan kong tumawa lalo na nang maglakbay pang muli ang tingin ko hanggang sa tuluyan kong nasilip ang peklat na nasa kaliwang bahagi ng leeg niya.

The wolf inside me threatened to come out. My grin faded and I had to clench my jaw to control the beast in me. 

Iniwas ko ang tingin ko bago pa mahuli ang lahat. I even had to take deep breaths while touching the bracelet on my left wrist. My restrain will be of no use anymore once my wolf wins against my human side. I can't scare her away. Not when I am so close to...

"I—Ikaw ang Alpha?" halatang nahihiya at hindi pa rin niya makapaniwalang tanong habang naglalakad ako pabalik ng aking pwesto.

Tumikhim ako at itinago sa ilalim ng mesa ang kumuyom na mga palad. "I am."

Her eyes blinked. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

I licked my lower lip and raised a brow, trying my best to hide the growing desire my wolf is feeling. Damn it, I even had to keep my eyes on her just so I would look calm. What can I do? Her sweet scent is intoxicating my nostrils and the fast pulse her vein on her neck is creating is in total sync with my heart.

My jaw tightened. No. I can't look at her neck again or I might end up ripping her clothes without...

I sighed. Muli na lamang akong ngumiti at hinigpitan pang lalo ang pagkakakuyom ng mga kamao. The restrain feels useless when the connection is this strong, especially to an Alpha. Fuck.

"Why would I? You were having a great time checking me out earlier. I don't wanna spoil the fun?"

She frowned. "I—I wasn't... Sir."

"Sir?" A soft chuckle escaped my lips, making my wolf snarl at me. "What happened to Mr. Whoever-you-are? Akala ko ba..."

Bumuntonghininga siya. "Look, I really apologize for my behavior earlier."

Tumaas ang kilay ko nang madama ang desperasyon sa tinig niya. "Why are you apologizing in the first place, hmm? Is it because you were really at fault or just because you already know who you're talking to?" Umangat ang sulok ng akinh mga labi at ang titig ko ay naging mapanghamon. "Do you only lower your pride for people you find... relevant to you, Miss Florendale?"

Her forehead creased as confusion flickered in her pretty eyes. "H—How did you and your employee know who I am?"

How? Sumandal ako nang maayos sa swivel chair at pinakatitigan siyang mabuti. 

Her shoulder length brown hair was slightly curled to make her heart-shape face look more defined. Her protruding chestnut eyes with winged liner made her gaze intimidating, and her tender-looking, pinkish upturned lips... Ah, if only I could tell her right now how I really knew her.

I touched my restrain bracelet. "Let's just say your family is quite famous in my city."

Lalo lamang nalukot ang noo niyang bahagyang natatakpan ng ilang hibla ng bangs. "Famous?"

"Yup," I replied, popping the P.

"I don't understand."

"You don't have to. Anyway," Nagpakawala ako ng hangin. "why don't you take a seat and tell me what brought you here? I think I finally have the right to ask... Right?"