Kabanata 17

Kabanata 17

Tracy

"A Luna isn't just the wife of an Alpha. You have to be the Alpha's female counterpart. From leadership skills to the abilities to fight, you gotta be worthy of your title." Heather stopped walking after we reached the door by the end of the hallway. "Of course, I won't expect much from a human."

My fists clenched. Kanina pa ako nakatatanggap ng hindi magandang kumento mula sa kanya. Kung hindi ko lang iniisip na kaibigan siya ni Levi at naririto siya para tulungan ako ay talagang papatulan ko na ang isang ito. 

She twisted the knob and walked in. Sumunod ako pagkatapos. The room is filled with portraits and what seems to be memorabilia. Idinala niya ako sa isa sa mga silid sa headquarters ng Astrid Pack dahil dito raw magsisimula ang trainings ko.

"The photos you see are images of the previous Alphas and Lunas of Astrid. Of course, the very first ones didn't have their photos taken when there wasn't a camera during their time, but most of the names are listed in the ledger," she said then pointed the pointed the large book on the corner. 

Lumakad ako palapit sa malaking aklat. The pages seemed pretty old and the handwritings are different. Nakasulat ang mga pangalan ng mga dating namuno sa Astrid, pati na ang petsa kung kailan sila naiproklama at kung kailan sila namatay.

The most recent after Levi's name were Alpha Leronel Grimmerson and Luna Phoebe Venzon. Napakunot ako ng noo. Pinsan ni Levi ang kambal?

"My mom was a former member of Astrid Pack. She was Luna Phoebe's Gamma, the female counter part of a Beta. She married my father who is an Alpha in Nirvana District. If you didn't accept Levi's offer to be his Luna, then I would've taken your place," basag ni Heather sa katahimikang bumalot sa silid.

Napahugot ako ng hininga. "You sound so bitter about it," hindi ko na napigilang sabihin. 

She scoffed. "Not at all, Tracy. I am just making it clear that we are not gonna be friends."

"Yeah, well I think I'm okay with that. I don't like a crowded circle anyway. I have a crazy best friend but I'd rather stick with her than make friends with someone who's dying to have my position."

Her lips pursed hardly together. Pakiramdam ko ay napipitik ko na ang pasensya niya. Well, in my defense, nauna siya.

We both turned our heads to look at Hank who just walked into the room. Nagtaas kaagad ng mga kamay si Hank nang mapansin ang seryoso naming mga mukha.

"Alpha sent me to make sure the training is going well, ladies," aniya.

Heather rolled her eyes on me before she walked towards the desk where a map was placed. "Tell me how much you know about the Remorse District."

Lumakad ako patungo sa kabilang bahagi ng desk. Ganoon din si Hank na tila nais makiusyoso.

I pointed the parts of the map that I somehow know. "That's Astrid. It has the biggest land among the five cities in the inner district. Iyan ang Brenther. Sa kabilang bahagi ng borders ng Astrid ay ang Tyrain. Sa tabi ng Tyrain ay ang Crescent." I pointed the one in between Crescent and Brenther. "That one, I am not yet familiar with."

Hank folded his arms in front of his chest. "Ang nasa gitna ng Crescent at Brenther ay ang Gallum City. They have the smallest land area among the five cities but they have the strongest army."

Heather pointed the castle located at the heart of the inner district. "Do you know what this place is?"

"I'm not really sure," sagot ko. Medyo nagiging interesado na kahit may inis pang nararamdaman.