Chapter 7- Appearance

Sans watched as Papyrus strode his way out of the cosy, little home, obviously eager for yet another lesson with the queen. Hell, even he would be that excited for a cooking lesson with Queen Toriel! However since Asgore came back into the picture, the relationship between himself and Toriel became more and more distant.

'Yeah that's right, blame the king for your problems'.

Ignoring his persisting, pessimistic thoughts, Sans made his way up the ancient wood stairs once again. He had made the decision to go and catch up with Grillby, an old friend. He had always been there when Sans needed to vent, and he was always a shoulder to cry on in times of great intoxication. Yet... he hasn't seen him in 3-4 weeks... ish...
Not a word muttered between the two.

''Geez, leave him in the blue why don't cha, he's probably worried sick.''

He sighed sadly, knowing that he was right. Especially after his last episode, man did he drink that night...

Ducking in to his room, the skeleton took a long look in the full length mirror that hung precariously on the back of his door. It's one saviour was flimsy nail that barley helped keep it in place. The reflection told a tragic tale of apathy. Sans was dressed in a white, baggy t-shirt that was littered with faded stains from collar to the hem. A soft, warm, electric blue hoodie bordered his short frame, contrasting against the white undershirt, somehow making it seem cleaner than it was in actuality. On his legs were a pair of jet black basket ball shorts with a single snow white stripe down each side.

His face was one of defeat and misery. Deep, dark bags lay under his eyes, a tell tale sign of his lack of sleep, continuous nightmares, and insomnia. A seemingly permanent smile was one he wore each and every day, it made people less suspicious and his smile always made Papyrus smile a little brighter. God, what he wouldn't do to keep him happy. A small ketchup stain was smudged on his left cheek bone, who knows how long it was there. His bones in general were brittle and scared in various places from simple falls. I guess that's what happens when you are literally the most fragile monster in the underground, even a simple trip could fatally injure you.

'Overweight, weak, depressed and horribly dressed'.

With the attire he was in anyone would think upon first impress that Sans was a fitness fanatic. However anyone who 'knew' Sans knew that he was a lazy punny monster who would praise his brother to the ends of the earth.

Papyrus was perfect. He was just so happy and cheerful about everything! His optimism, positive attitude and jovial nature somehow made Sans' smile grow genuine, even if just for a moment. No matter how broken and messed up he was, he could count Pap to make him forget for just a second. That's why he can never find out about Sans' condition. The shorter hated seeing Papyrus upset, anxious, disappointed or anything of that sort (he found that out after on particular reset). To be honest he was a little jealous of how collected and joyful he is, no matter the circumstance. He can't blame Pap though, that's just who he is.

But he has no idea how long he can keep this up.

He is going to brake eventually.

But for now he needed to focus on the task at hand. One problem at a time.

''Right, to Grillby's''.