Chapter 21- A Talk With a Fish

Papyrus walked back from Toriel's after his cookery lesson, only ending due to her daily meet up with Sans. For such a knowledgeable and regal figure she sure has some strange hobbies. Why she insisted on sharing insufferable puns through that door, he will never know.
Perhaps it was for Sans, she had been inquiring a lot about him recently. Quite a few monsters had been inquiring now he thinks about it. How told them that he was just being lazy as usual, and that seemed to satisfy them.

A leisurely stroll through the glistening area of Snowdin was what the doctor ordered after that cooking lesson. While his skills have greatly improved, there is still the odd home fire every now and again. His crimson boots crunched in the fresh fallen snow while the cool air filled and exited his... Lungs? Who knows? All he knew is that he felt relaxed and that thinking about the logistics of magic skeletons was more Sans's area of expertise. He was content in being blissfully ignorant to the sciences and just enjoying the little things. Like the sparkle of frost on echo flowers in the area between Snowdin and Waterfall. Everything had a beauty to the skeleton... Well... Apart from the sock on the living room floor...

After the stroll through the Underground he found himself at his good friend (and idol) Undyne's.

"NYEH, WHAT BETTER WAY TO RELAX THAN A GOOD HARD TRAINING SESSION. I HAVE BEEN GETING RUSTY !"

---------------------------------------------

"HEYYY PAPYRUS, HOW'S IT GOING BUDDY"

A large fish-human hybrid stood in the doorway of her home. Fire truck red hair was tied up in a high pony tail, contrasting against her aqua blue, scaled skin. She wore a black tank top and blue jeans along with shin high combat boots. It was a comfortable but still battle worthy outfit if an incident should occur. One striking feature of the fish was an eye patch which covered her right eye, a battle scar from previous battles with humans. After all, want was a Royal Guard Captain without battle scars. The way she wore her battle wounds with pride always served as inspiration to the young skeleton.

"THE SAME AS USUAL UNDYNE, JUST FINISHED COOKING WITH QUEEN TORIEL! SHE SAYS IVE BEEN IMPROVING GREATLY!"

" THATS GREAT PAPYRUS, I SHOULD COME ROUND FOR... WHAT ARE YOU COOKING NOW?"

"IM PRACTISING PIES NOW, BUT SPAGHETTI IS STILL MY FAVOURITE!"

"WELL COME IN AND WE CAN HAVE A CHAT, MAYBE YOU CAN ATTEMPT A PIE TOO?"

"ALRIGHT, TRAINING AFTER? "

"HAHA OF COURSE PAPYRUS, EAGER AS ALWAYS! ANYWAY, I ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT. "

"Is it Sans..."

"Yeah actually... How did you know? "

"Just a hunch."