Chapter 10- Trauma

Ding
"Heya Grilbz, not too late am I ?"

"Of course not, I'm always open for you my dear friend. How have you been in your absence?"
Grillby softly replied, Sans can't ever recall the fire monster ever shouting or losing his cool, to be honest he spoke very little yet filled a conversation with only a few words.
Grillby was a tall fire elemental, shorter than Papyrus but still quite tall in comparison to Sans... then again everyone was tall in comparison to Sans. He wore a clean, crisp, white shirt with a black bow tie which was neatly tucked into a pair of black bottoms. It may have only been his bar uniform but he takes pride in looking his best around the establishment, sending an air of professionalism around the bar.

Professional but comforting.

"Heh, sorry is so late buddy."

"Sleep issues again?"

"Yeah actually, when did I-"

"The incident."

"Oh, right..."

"Are we finally going to talk about that or will you be avoiding me again?"

"Grillby, you know that I wouldn't be avoiding you, you know how I get when I'm wrapped up in one project or another."

"Hmm..."

It seemed as though Grillby has seen through his tale. Well... he wasn't avoiding him as such, he just couldn't deal with being around others for a while, all the monsters who greet and talk to him daily...at least one person would see that there is something off with 'The Pun Master', and that would bring a basket of questions Sans didn't have the willpower to answer. Then there was Grillby and 'The Incident'. Sans drank way too much and freaked out on him big time. And I mean, we could discuss the logistics of magic skeletons getting drunk, but I'm sure you would agree the details of that night are much more important and interesting.

About a month ago, Sans was still getting little to no sleep with the constant nightmares wearing him down. It got so bad that he was afraid to sleep. It happened to be after one horrifying genocide run to make matters worse. Instead of just killing his brother, the sick, twisted bastard that was the kid, got Pap pinned beneath an unseen force and began to twist and tear off his ribs one by one, his screams and begs for mercy could be heard all over Snowdin, Sans was forced to watch as magic seemed to hold him down. The kid had gained some sort of demonic power, this was new, this he had never seen, and it scared the shit out of him. No matter how much Sans struggled he couldn't brake free, and just watched as his little brother begged for him to help. With all Papyrus' ribs gone the demon gave a quick kick to the skull and walked off, Pap slowly turning to dust before him. That's when Sans was released from its grip, he rushed over to his brother just in time for a quick "I love you, I'm so sorry" before Papyrus fell into dust. Sans don't even put up a fight in the judgment hall, he fell to his knees and sobbed, begged, for them to end him.

He woke up, in his bed staring at the cream ceiling, traumatised. He was never the same after, his mood was also at an all time low. He was so worn down, tired, and broken, he struggled to hide it from Papyrus. All he wanted to do was scream and cry, nothing in life mattered, every choice he made was pointless, it was just the same cycle over and over. He needed an escape, anything to help him relax or knock him out, anything would have done. So much like tonight, he decided to pay Grilbz a visit and maybe drink a little. A little eventually turned into alot, then way too fuckin much.