Ch@pt3r 23- Sleep is for the Weak

Papyrus is out of the house, and I'm alone...  Again. 

Slowly the alcohol began to ravage his system.  It started off as sips until half the bottle was gone,  hours had passed, he attempted to drown his ever growing desperation for the nightmares to end I'm more alcohol than he could handle. Sans was left there, sobbing on the sofa, reliving his regrets in detail.  Reliving all the pain felt from living thousand lives all in one lifetime.  All the times he had gotten to the surface, and all the times it has been ripped from under him. All the times he protected a child,  only to have them take away everything he cared about.
All of this happened while drifting in and out of conciseness,  the alcohol,  exhaustion from crying,  and a lack of sleep taking its toll until he found himself on the main square of Snowdin. Alone,  in the  blistering cold untill a figure stepped in to view from the storm.

CHARA,  or the demon as it should be titled.

"Oh Sansy~
How I've missed toying with you. Hearing those pathetic sobs over and over again till you finally SNAP, it's music to my ears. Bones may heal but a broken mind is much more stubborn, how long till you finally give in? Hmm~"

The snow storm howled around them,  trapping the two within an invisible barrier, nothing was visible past the eye of the storm. IT stood there, it's blade flashing in the reflection of the snow adding purity to something so demonic and unholy. A veil to hide it's true self...  Sounds familiar. The foot of the creature stood within the ashes of  fallen monster, grinding them in to the ground.  Sans stood there,  red scarf wrapped tightly around his neck, he watched unresponsive and emotionless as the demon disgraced the 'fallen' further.

"Already cutting off emotions,  uh oh,  that's not a good sign. Soon you'll stick that way and next comes the desperation to feel anything... We aren't so different, you and I.  Me masking myself as a harmless child,  while you mask the hollow shell of a monster that you've become. For once you don't weep at your brothers demise,  the clock is already ticking-"

"SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH YOU DIRTY MURDERER,  I'D RIP YOU LIMB FROM LIMB IF GIVEN THE CHANCE !"

"oh, there's that internal rage you hide so well !  Well,  when you're not taking it out on yourself that is-"

IT was right, all the desperation,  and deep rooted anger and hatred exploded. The blue clad skeleton was known for being unnaturally laid back,  but all of that was just a mask.  The fury and terror bubbled within him, he had to let it out somehow...  whether it be a few good punches at a wall or the feeling of a knife chipping away at bone,  pain was the only thing at he knew how to cope. He deserved it anyway...

"better to be me rather than those who don't deserve it-"

"Because it's all your fault,  I remember now!YOU could have stopped this, YOU could murder an innocent child around... Maybe... Seventy percent of the time , just to stop the complete SlAuGhTeR of all those around you.  YOU could have not MuRdErEd YoUr OwN fAtHeR for Your Own selfish needs.  That one action caused all of this, Do YoU fEeL tHe GuIlT cRaWlInG dOwN yOuR bAcK...
Then again,  we are the king and queen of ATTEMPTED murder"

The thing gave a knowing wink and a devilish, sickeningly,  sweet smile. What did she mean by 'attempted' ? A bone chilling high pitched laugh broke out across the battle ground, all of a sudden viscous black liquid oozed out of the demon's eyes and mouth, creating tails of pure evil,  he had seen this before...

"did you really think I was gone forever ?"

The child spoke but not in a voice of its own.  But one of an ancient language that was long forgotten, but one that Sans could never forget.  It was drilled in to his head as a child and here it was again, haunting him from being the grave.

"g-g-gaster? "