Chapter 16- Perfect Insanity

Putting on his signature smile, the Comedian left the confines of his now blackened room and made his way down the corridor to the bathroom. Well technically this would be a ... shower room? I mean there's no bath ... so...
He stumbled with each step even though he walked slowly, his legs giving in to the fatigue that controlled his life. Even the act of opening a door seemed daunting today. With great effort he finally managed to wiggle the knob to the door so it would open, the dizziness and nausea still not subsiding, making him incredibly unsteady on his feet.

With a 'click' he had locked the door behind him, turning to now glance round the pristine tiled room for something to help with the thumping in his skull. His eyes finally lay upon the white medicine cabinet that was just above the sink. It's wooden doors held two mirrors, one for each door, as Sans went to go open it he couldn't help but look at his reflection, and he hated what he saw.
He saw the sleepless nights
He saw the broken nature of his soul,
He saw his failure to protect his brother
He saw his father within himself,
The very man he wanted to forget.
He saw within himself... a constant reminder of what he did, and what he didn't do.
And he hated it.

He violently flung the door open in a self hatred enduced rage
'Why does this house have to have so many .God. Damn. Mirrors ?'
Wasn't it bad enough that the nightmares plagued his dreams? Why couldn't he just forget and move on, it was self defence for crying out loud !
'No, you deserve to suffer for what you did, you let that happen, you MADE that happen.'
"no, I couldn't do anything..."
He reached out and grabbed some anti-pain medication from the cabinet and began to try and read the directions. His vision was too blurry. His anger brewing inside of him.
'Oh , that's not what you really think, you might as well have done it yourself-"
Sans struck out at the wall behind the cabinet, fist still clenched with the bottle in his hand, his eyes glowing the dangerous blue, and his head hung low in desperation.
'What's the matter Sansy? Getting too real for you? You're braking Sans  everyone is going to see just how Fucked Up you are... Imagine you're little brother finding out what you did, what you let happen to him. He'll hate you-"
"shut up. shut up, shut up... SHUT UP!"
Hands clasped over his ears, he shook his head violently, trying to make it all go away. He slowly backed against the cold tiles and slid to the floor, head in his hands as he whispered "shut up, shut up, shut up" over and over. Tears welled in his eyes as his mind filled with images of the experiments, of his little brother strapped to that table, screaming his name... and he just stood there. So what if he gave in to Him to stop that from happening, he could have prevented that , but he said 'no'...
He began sobbing on the floor curled up, as his mind threw more insults and accusations at him, he was unable to stop them. You can't fight something that's in your head. Once it infects you ,it's always there, eating away at you like the parasite it is. It may go dormant for a while, but it's just waiting for the next incident, so it can brake you. Slowly eating away at your joy and sanity until you make it stop the only way you know how.

But there is only one permanent solution... well, so Sans thought.

He opened the bottle that had fallen to the floor with him, and despite every urge , he took two. That should help with the head ache.