Chapter 20- Water and Poison

So he, again, switch off the water...
And stepped out of the shower...
But this time he was cemented back into reality, his mind and physical body were now in the same time and space, wavelengths united as one.
Have you ever zoned out ?
Have you ever zoned out and lived an entire scenario all in you head, it feels so real. But you snap back to reality only to find that not a single minute has passed.

For some this is a common occurrence, the same as it is for Sans.

It's one of the most mentally exhausting phenomenon. Having to live through every single possible scenario to mentally prepare yourself for the smallest task. And imagining those will often reveal the worst possible case and riddles is with fear, leading to avoidance. So we hide inside, in our beds where it is safe.

Sans began to wipe away the remaining moisture from his bones, clean again. He may be lazy but showering was a must, he needed it. The thought inside your head drown when the water beats down upon you, creating something almost like static. The tap, tap, tapping of water takes over you as the mind finally slows , the thoughts all cease. But it was over, he had to stop eventually.

They returned, a dull buzz while he dressed, but he knew their power would grow, their volume increasing. The energy zapped from his frame as he slowly dressed.

Only this time after he changed, he didn't decide to go see Grillby. He decided not to see anyone.
He decided not to go to work.
And he decided to uncover the vodka from its hiding place.
One of the perks of knowing the bar staff.

The darkness fell over the room like a thick blanket, no light got in and none got out. The bed still wore the same circular scars as a reminder of a bad habit that was once a staple of his life. Little did Papyrus know that some were fresh. A few burned shapes were sprinkled on the walls like picture frames, each one from a memory , a nightmare, from reliving other timelines. Each one a reminder that there was nothing he could do, no matter what he did he was never any help. Each time Papyrus would go "battle" the kid , and each time it was a coin toss an whether his brother lived... Or his brother died. Prevention of the latter was pointless, and that's what every burn on his wall symbolised... Literally and figuratively.

He could feel his mind begin to race...
So he lay there and took his first drink.
"Thanks Grillby".