The Green Door

Your POV

You were sitting in your room of Gandalf's house, drawing, when you heard a knock at your door. You put your pencil down, scooted your stool out, and quietly walked to the door. As you opened it you smiled to see Gandalf there. "Ah...Y/N, there you are. I am going somewhere special for a particular errand and I need someone to go with me...would you like to accompany me?" He said with a slight grin.

Now you were never really aloud to leave the house very often, as you had run away from home and never knew who was looking for you, so of course you were excited!  "Of course I would, Gandalf!" You beamed at him. "What shall I bring with me to this errand?" You asked. He smiled once again. "Well we won't be there long, but you can bring your journal if you wish."   You nodded and grabbed your journal ready to go. "I'll be just a moment, I have to do something before we go, you can go ahead outside and wait for me." You nodded your head again and went outside.

You sat on a bench outside of his house and started drawing a tree in your journal. You were a tremendous artist but no one really payed attention to your skills, except for maybe Gandalf of course!
As you finished your sketch, Gandalf came outside and exhaled a big breath of air. "Are you ready to go Y/N?" He asked you. You smiled and nodded getting up and closing your journal.

The walk was a bit long but nothing you couldn't handle. You were imagining what errand someone like Gandalf would go on...you never really talk much so you don't know an awful lot about him... it wouldn't hurt to ask..right? "Uh..Gandalf? What kind errand are we..exactly going on?" You asked playing with your hands. He smiled, "Ahh...we are going to visit someone..we are to ask him to join us on an adventure that will be long and harsh, but great to the end." His answer confused you even more, but you decided not to ask anymore questions.

"Here we are..." You heard Gandalf speak, after a long solid silence. You looked up and saw...a hobbit.. he was sitting on a bench smoking his pipe. He wore a bright yellow vest, he had red-ish hair, a slim nose, and...he was kind of cute. You looked behind the hobbit to his hobbit-hole...it was beautiful, it was bright, clean, and had a big. Green. Door.