Handkerchief

Your POV

You smiled thankful Bilbo had come along with the company. You weren't really too sure how you would feel around the other dwarves besides Fili,  of course! Thorin had ordered one of the dwarves to give Bilbo a pony, which they did.

"AAACHOO!"

You jumped at the sudden sound as did everyone else. You turned your head and looked at Bilbo, who was red from embarrassment.

"Are you okay, Bilbo?" You asked him. He nodded and said, "I just can't stand it....all this horse hair, I'm having a reaction!" as he began to dig into his pockets.

"No, no, wait, wait, stop! Stop! We have to turn around!"

"What on earth is the matter" Thorin ((I think)) had half asked half yelled, annoyance clear in his voice.

"I forgot my handkerchief.." Bilbo threw out popping out his chest a little bit, clearly trying to make himself seem more intimidating than Thorin...which was a fail. ((That dudes scary!! ;--; )) You could hear a few chuckles from behind and in front of you.

"Here," said Dori, who had ripped a bit of his coat and threw it to Bilbo, "use this." Every Dwarf was either laughing or smiling. You couldn't help but smile yourself. Bilbo ended up putting the torn cloth away.

You put your hands in your satchel, that you carry along with you, and realized you had a handkerchief with you. You smiled and trotted your horse next to Bilbo's. "Hey Bilbo, catch." You whispered as you tossed him your handkerchief.

He caught it and slightly blushed after he realized what it was. He ran his thumb gently over the soft cloth and admired it.

"You can keep it. Think of it as a gift for ckming along on this trip." You finished with a sweet smile. He looked at you and smiled back, then looking back at the handkerchief.

Bilbo's POV

Ugh..stupid horse hair. I put the torn cloth that Bofur gave me into one of the bags the horses had. 'I guess I will just have to deal with this..' I thought to myself.

"Hey Bilbo, catch!" I heard a soft whisper next to me. I turned and saw a small white object come towards me. I put my hands in the air ((saying AYYY OHHH)) and caught the object. 

Looking down I saw it was a handkerchief...? I rubbed my thumb over it and noticed initials on the bottom. I/L ((initials))..Is it Y/N's?...

I look to my side and see Y/N smiling at me.. "You can keep it. Think of it as a gift for coming along on this trip." She finished with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen..

I was too out of it to speak so all I could manage to do was nod. I looked back at the handkerchief.  'I am so glad I came on this trip..'

"Hey, Y/N?..." I asked to get her attention. She looked at me with curiosity. "Yes, Bilbo..?"   'You're stunning...you're kind...you're lovely...' 

"Uh...Thanks for the handkerchief..."    'Stupid..'