Chapter 4:

Niall was laying on his bed, staring at the marking he made on his skin. Sure, he does regret it but, at that moment in time, he felt as if it was right. A light knock sounded from across the room. Niall looked up to see a worried Haylee standing there.

"Niall?" She started towards Niall's bed. "Karen is worried, which makes me worried too. Are you ok?"

Haylee stood at the end of Niall's bed, fidgeting with her hands.

"No Haybell, I am not ok." Niall said, with tears in his eyes.

"Do you want a hug?" Haylee asked, moving closet to Niall. Niall nodded his head, opening the covers so Haylee could lay down with him. She hugged him.

When Niall went to hug her back, Haylee caught sight of Niall's cuts. "Niall?" Haylee looked up at Niall.

"Yes, Haybell?"

"Why is that there?" Haylee asked, pointing at the word. "Did you write on yourself?" Niall's face went pale. "Uh, yeah Haybell, I did."

"Why?" Niall interrupted her, before she could say anything else.

"Can we not talk about this please?" Niall asked calmly. Haylee nodded. "Don't ever write on yourself Haylee, you're perfect just the way you are." Haylee nodded again and hugged Niall.

"I promise, I never will."

Niall smiled as his eye lids began to get heavy. He hasn't slept well, at all, these past two nights. Niall fell into a deep sleep, along with Haylee.

********

When Niall woke, Haylee was curled up in a ball, sound asleep next to him. Niall smiled and got up. He put his sweater on, not wanting to make that mistake of getting caught again.

A quiet knock sounded on the door. Niall opened the door and saw Karen.

"Awe Niall, are you ok?" Niall nodded.

Not telling her the truth. He didn't even know the whole truth himself.

"That's good, we have people coming here looking to adopt in an hour or so." Karen said.

"What does that have to do with me?" Niall snapped.

"It has to do with you because you could get adopted today."

Niall laughed at Karen. "That's funny but, I won't. They'll want Haylee again, then when she won't leave without me, they'll run off like last time!" Niall yelled. "No one wants me! Nobody! Not even Louis."

Tears fell from Niall's face. Karen hugged him.

"Please, don't think like that. It starts with you thinking no one wants you then, it potentially leads to suicide. We don't want that." Niall just nodded. "Ok. Go get out of these clothes, get dressed and wake up Haylee, so she can be ready too."

"Ok, will do." Niall faked a smile and shit the door.

Niall walked into the bathroom, knowing exactly what he was going to do. He tip-toed quietly, and sneakily shut the door. Haylee was sound asleep in the room, and Niall didn't want to wake her.

The depressed blue eyed boy sat on the sink and began to cry. He couldn't stand the thought of his childhood, that haunts his dreams.

Niall jumped off the sink counter, and opened the cabinet. Karen had bought him single blades. A man has to look for the boy he likes, no?

Niall took off his sweater, exposing his arms. He took a glance at the word engraved into his wrist, 'Torn'. It made him cry harder. He felt useless; worthless and worst of all, dirty.