Chapter Two: Birth Part 2

Jane Rizzoli

"Jane say hello to the new member of your family. It's a girl."

"A girl!" I exclaimed. "Oh my god! Give her here!" I cried holding out my arms for my baby girl.

Doc got her all cleaned up and wrapped in a soft pink blanket before handing her to me.

I let out a tear drop placing a kiss on my daughter's head.

"She's beautiful, Jane,"cries Ma as she held onto her first and LAST grandchild.

Maura held her too,"She look a lot like you."

I smiled.

Two nurses approaches.

"They're going to go take your little one into the nursery just so you can get a peaceful rest,"says Doc.

I reluctantly handed her over to the assigned nurses.

"Don't worry she'll be in great hands I can assure you. What is her name by the way?"

I completely almost forgot. "Isa, Isa Rizzoli."

"Wonderful, it suit her well,"she smiles as I got one last look at my baby before they took her away.

It was getting late and even colder out so I said my goodbyes to Vince, my brothers, but Ma and Maura refused to leave me by myself and stayed along. In seconds later I drifted off to sleep. The events of the night and early morning finally caught up with me.

I soon awoke in a different room but with a familiar blonde asleep in the chair beside my bed. I smiled slowly sitting up.

"Jane?" Maura said as her eyes snapped open, clearly not awake.

"Sorry I wasn't trying to wake you."

"How are you feeling?"

"Sore but I'll live." Then I remembered last night. "Isa!"

"Calm down, she's fine."

"Where's Ma?"

"I'm not sure. I just woke up."

No sooner did she get that out when there was a knock at the door and a nurse walks in followed by my mother, who was carrying Isa in her arms.

"There is one particular baby that is anxious to see her mommy!"sings Ma.

I couldn't help but smile as she was place back into my arms, where she belong.

"It still feels like a dream. How do I do this?" I asked in a timid tone.

Maura laughed pointing me in the right steps and soon Isa was attached to my right breast.

"This feels strange,"I say causing the three of them to chuckle.

"Once she's a bit more older you could try powder milk if you choose,"the nurse informs me.

Isa finally got her full of colostrum, which Maura pointed out was very good for babies.

Maura walked up front with her phone getting ready to take a photo.

"Maura what are you doing?"

"Taking a picture to remember this very day. Scotch in Angela."

I laughed as mom made her way to the other side of me wrapping her arms around me and the baby.

"You did good, Janie. You did real good,"she whispers.

"Thanks Ma."

"Say cheese!"

"Cheese!!"

After my three nights in the hospital I was finally able to take my little one to her new home

After my three nights in the hospital I was finally able to take my little one to her new home. Maura signed me out as I was wheeled out the hospital with Isa in my arms. The nurses waved goodbye as we drove off.

"I can't wait to see this new house of yours."

"You won't have to," I chuckled as she pulled up through the drive way.

She slowly looked over at me with widened eyes as she stepped out of the car. "How in the hell was you able to afford such a big house like this!"

 "How in the hell was you able to afford such a big house like this!"

"Maura get real. I barely make enough as it is. My dad and his second wife bought this as a congratulations on the new birth. He feels bad for not being there."

"The stripper?"

"Maura!" I laughed. "She is not a stripper."

"Riight I mean the professional dancer. You know this is all dirty money."

"It was gift Maura besides they already paid it off and I need a place of my own now that I'm a mother. I have to think about Isa."

"Okay,"she smiles helping me get our things for the car. "Maybe I should consider-"

"Maura!"

"Kidding!"