Chapter Sixteen: A Party

Jane Rizzoli

This year the Boston Police Department Homicide, Drug Squad, and Medical Examiners were all having their party together in the large conference room at the Police Station. Stanley and Ma were catering. Only Ma was excited to be invited. Stanley was just going to set out the food and alcohol then he was going to leave.

Three hours until the party starts. I talked Casey into going with me.
Maura was going to go to the party with Jeb, a colleague who also worked in Washington D.C. He was in town to give a speech at a medical seminar.

I looked at myself once again in my full length mirror and smiled. My hair was in a low bun with loose curls and I was wearing a pink pastel crisscross, open back dress with a high split which showed a bit too much skin for my liking, but Maura somehow persuaded me to buy it. Besides, it looked good on me. I paired it with my brand new iridescent, glitter block heels which matches the dress perfectly. I opted against any jewelry not wanting to overdo it.

"You look so pretty, mommy!" Isa came forward and hugged me.

I turned away from the mirror to face her and she gasped at the sight, smiling brightly.

"You've been spending too much time with your dad," I muttered. Isa giggled as I sat her in front of the vanity mirror and hugged her. "Thanks baby."

Isa leaned back into my touch as I brushed and began to braid her hair before bed. When I finished I placed a kiss on top of her head and put the comb down beside me on the vanity. "Now come on. It's bedtime."

I gently wrapped my arms around Isa to pull her in an embrace.

Isa giggled quietly and allowed me to settle her on my hip. "Can we does one more story, Mommy?"

Entering her bedroom, I pursed my lips and pretended to think about that for a second before I smiled and put Isa back on the floor. "Of course. Go pick one."

"I wants the story of Peter Pan," she said softly.

I lifted Isa up so she could reach the book on the bookshelf, allowing her to grab the book herself. "Thanks, Mommy." The girl smiled politely as she headed to bed, climbing up on it and waited for me to sit next to her.

I sat beside her, relaxing Isa in my arms. She lowered her bear and absentmindedly fumbled with my fingers on her stomach as she focused back on the fairytale. Not even halfway through the book, Isa finally fell into a restless sleep after being snuggled into my chest where she rested against soft, warm skin.

I walked back into my room and turned around when I heard the bathroom door open. He stood shirtless, moving his gaze over my whole body.

Feeling my cheeks heat up, I turned to leave the room but he takes my wrist and twirls me around wanting to get the full effect of my attire for tonight.

"Casey stop it. You're making feel self conscious."

"Not a chance," he whispered, pinning me against the wall with my hands above my head. I looked up at him and he looked down at my lips then back up at my eyes. "You have no idea how beautiful you are,"he whispers in my ear making my heart beat faster.

I lowered my head feeling an overwhelming shyness hitting me. "I mean it."

He leans towards me and bites my lip making me unintentionally moan. He smirked and moves his hands to my waist pulling me closer towards him. "I want you,"he whispers in my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

"No," I say turning my face away from Casey, "We have a party to attend to, remember?"

He hesitated, then frowns and moves away from me, nodding. He slipped on his top and buttons it up then puts his tie on and blazer over it. "We got plenty of time."