Chapter Thirty: Morning Sickness

Jane Rizzoli

I woke to find myself face down on the mattress and, for the first time, did not feel Casey's hands clawing at me. An arm and a leg were draped over him while the others hung off the side. An odd position considering I always liked to snuggle against him.

I heard a grunt, felt my limbs gently lift and then lower onto the mattress. Casey muttered "bathroom" before getting off the bed.

After laying quietly for a minute I decided to try moving. Slowly pushing myself up, I gradually nudged my legs to the edge of the bed and draped them over the side. Attempting to stand, it surprised me when my stomach immediately flipped. I put a hand over my mouth and sat back down.

A warm presence swiftly came to my side.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He questioned, as he wrapped his arms around me and stroked my back soothingly.

"I..." I attempted to speak before I was hit with a severe nauseous feeling. "Oh no," I said before rushing towards the toilet and immediately throwing up.

"Jane," Casey called a few seconds later as he ran into the room. "Are you okay?"he asked, immediately kneeling down behind me so he could pull back my hair and rub soothing circles on my back. "Are you sick?"

Feeling awful, I kept myself over the toilet, taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm my stomach.

"I feel awful," My voice was hoarse as I allowed myself to lean back against Casey's legs.

"What can I do?" Casey asked, leaning forward and placing a kiss on the back of my head. "What do you need?"

"It will pass eventually," I shook my head, freezing before lurching forward and getting sick for the third time.

"It's okay Baby," Casey simply rubbed my back, wishing there was more he could do. "You're okay."

Groaning, I eventually leaned back against Casey; flushing the toilet before letting my head fall back against his shoulder. "I think I'm okay now, though I don't feel 100%, I don't think I will be sick again."

My head dropped back on his shoulder and Casey's lips trailed along my exposed throat.

I lifted myself into his lap and rested my side against his chest with a content sigh, nuzzling his neck. One of his arms circled around my shoulders while the other reached for my waist, gathering me closer.

"I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy, Beautiful," he breathed into my curls. "I wish there was something I could do for you."

"Unfortunately, it's a normal part of pregnancy," I replied to myself, looking more than a little drained.

When I was pregnant with Isa some days were far worse than others. It's likely this pregnancy will be similar.

"What can I do?" Casey asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"Just talk to me. I love the sound of your voice."

He smiled, bending his head down to my ear, letting his breath caress. Talking in soft tones, lips hovering, tender kisses placed here and there. Arms and hands gently rubbed my skin, pulling me ever closer.

Casey cuddled me until it was time to get up. He carried me to the bedroom, set me down on the bed, and curled himself around my back, fitting his legs behind mines before pulling the warm blankets over us.

"Thank you," I fell serious, overwhelmed with a sudden appreciation for Casey's support. "I love you," I smiled.

"I love you too, Jane," Casey grinned.