Chapter Thirty-Five: The Return Home

Jane Rizzoli

Casey leaned against the counter, a towel wrapped around his waist. I was standing between him and the bathroom sink, carefully running an electric shaver under his chin.

"Like this?"

"Mmhmm."

My fingers ran across the bristles on his face, sometimes trailed behind the bare path left by the razor. I wasn't really sure which texture I liked best.

"There." I set the razor down.

"Jane, you've only shaved half of my face."

"I know." I placed both hands on his cheeks and rubbed gently. One soft and smooth. The other rough and scratchy.

"No, I still can't decide."

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know which side I like better," I said, still running my hands over Casey's face.

"Hmm..." Casey grabbed my wrists and pulled them away. "Maybe I can help." He bent his head and rubbed his face against mine.

I laughed. "That tickles."

He ducked his head and rubbed his face along my neck.

"S-stop." I couldn't stop giggling. The nerves of my sensitive skin picked up on the slightest touch. I distantly registered my robe loosening.

"How about this?"

My laughter was cut short. "N-no that... that's not ticklish."

Casey had me pinned against the counter, bending me over it as he ravished my mouth.

I kissed his neck and ran my hands along his arms.

Casey took a deep breath and grabbed my wrists. "You're not wearing your ring," he said questioningly.

I pulled on the thin gold necklace around my neck and pulled the ring out from under my robe. "I wasn't sure if I should wear it on my hand or if I should wait until we tell everyone. Ma will know as soon as she sees me wearing the ring, and once my mother finds out, everyone will know. I was also thinking we should tell Isa first."

"Alright," Casey nodded.

I grabbed his hand and practically skipped towards the door. This has definitely been a trip to remember, but I couldn't wait to go home to see my baby girl.

"Wait, Jane. You forgot something."

"Forgot wh-" A tug on my arm caught me in midstride, causing me to spin around. Casey bent his head and I ran smack into his lips.

He rubbed his mouth across mine, nibbling lightly before lifting his head.

"That."

My eyes were closed, eyebrows lifted as though stuck in shock.

"Jane?"

My eyes fluttered open.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Go where?" I whispered.

"We'll have to hurry if we're going to make our flight back to Boston."

"Oh... oh right." I shook my head slightly.

Casey gave me a teasing smile. "Did I catch my detective off-guard?"

"N-no, of course not." I was about to step back, but Casey caught my face in his hands.

"Then let me try again."

He kissed me until we both forgot everything except for the press of the other's lips.