Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Baby?

Jane Rizzoli

"We're having a baby." I pulled back and looked into his eyes. "A baby!"

Casey nodded and tried his best to ignore the burning tears in his eyes. "We're having a baby."

"We are," I whispered, tangling one of my hands around his neck. I pressed my lips against his in a fierce, loving kiss.

"That's so scary," he said softly as we broke the kiss.

I nodded as I rested my forehead against his. "Yes."

"You're gonna be so beautiful," he smiled at me in his arms and pecked my lips. "I can't wait for you to swell up so I can take care of you and love you even more than I do now, even though I think that might be impossible."

"Oh Casey." I chuckled and pressed my lips against his. The kiss heated up after only a second until the front door opened and Ma's voice called out to us.

"Can we wait a bit to tell her? Keep it to ourselves to enjoy it for now?" I smiled at him in his arms.

Casey nodded. "We should tell Isa first before we tell Angela... I can't wait to see her face when we tell her she's going to be a big sister."

"Agreed." I chuckled, kissed his lips one more time and walked out of the room to greet my mother and my daughter.

As soon as Isa saw me, her face lit up with a sweet smile and she ran towards me. "Mommy!"

I smiled at my beautiful girl and opened my arms to lift Isa up in the air. "Hi, baby!"

Isa's short arms wrapped around my neck, pressing kisses to the side of her head. "Did you have fun?"

Isa nodded and untangled herself when she saw Casey entering the living room. She smiled at her dad and reached out her arms towards the blonde. "Daddy."

Casey smiled lovingly and cupped Isa's face to kiss her cheek. "Hello, pretty girl."

"I gotta go," Ma smiled at us and zipped up her coat. "She already had lunch, her stuff is in her bag." She quickly headed towards us to kiss our cheek and to caress Isa's dark curls.

"Thank you, Angela."

Ma waved her hand and shook her head. "Happy to help. Bye!"

I furrowed my brow. "Why's she in such a hurry?"

Casey shrugged and gently took Isa from my arm to hug her to his front. "I have no idea." He smiled at me before closing his eyes, his face simply glowing with happiness. Ma's activities were very far off my mind right now. "How about homemade pizza for dinner?" he asked, pulling back to look at Isa.

Isa's lips curled up into a happy smile while she nodded. "Yeah."

I felt my heart filling with unconditional love as I watched Casey tucking a strand of hair behind Isa's ear. He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "How was your day with Nana?"

Isa shrugged and leaned forward to hide herself in his neck. "Good."

I caressed Isa's back before I headed towards the kitchen to prepare some tea. "What did you do, Isa?"

"Nana reads me one story and I plays with the dolls."

"Oh Nana spoils you with all her stories." Casey chuckled and kissed Isa's cheek before putting her down at one of the stools at the kitchen counter.

Isa looked up at her dad and furrowed her brow, looking curious. "Why's you so happy, Daddy?"

Casey smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just happy."