Blue Boy

Quick Disclaimer: When I first sat down to write this short story, I was in an extremely low point in my life. I later realize that creating this short story was the best medium for me at the time. This short depicts the many stages that I went through or thought about doing, but thankfully I decided against. I hope you enjoy this book and if you ever find yourself (or someone you know is exhibiting signs of depression/ selfh*rm) going through something similar to the writings within this book, please reach out to someone you trust.

                                                              Love, MintYungi

Everything is blue.

If you stared at him hard enough with keen eyes, you'd noticed the faint smile lines surrounding his lips. Those once smiling pink lips that are now dry and pale. Lips that has given up on their one sole purpose in life.

To express his happiness.

HoSeok laid tightly curled within his bundled bedsheets, the room dark and thick with the hanging despair. You could hear it, the steady beating of his heart. In fact, if you cocked your ear you could even count each breath he took.

Breath 650.... 670.... 700. Even he was counting the rise of his chest. The shallow and emptiness of his piercing breath.

    Everything was eerie, quiet and unlike him. Something was missing, that something being his smile and no one knew why. It started off with him prodding and picking at his pale skin. Staring into the long mirror attached to the wall as he admired the bones that protruded terribly through his bruised flesh. For a while, he thought that there was something so elegant and gracefully about his body. But, that eventually changed.

     Reds and purples, blues and blacks all tangling with the harsh stains of yellows swirled together along his body like a kiss of a past relationship. A relationship that ripped his still beating heart right through his chest. He remembered what he wanted to forget. How could he forget though? That smile was everywhere he turned.

  That smile was him. The sunshine that brought hope and happiness to the people surrounding him. But, now that hope was fading, slowly but surely yet no one seemed to notice.

     HoSeok didn't know when the tears began to fall, or when his breath turned shallow. His chest heaving as he struggled for air. He knew it was wrong, wrong in every single way. So wrong, wrong.... wrong.... wrong. But why does he keep treating himself like this? Why does he lock himself away from the people who were always there for him?

   Love is ambiguous. Everything is blue.