Orange Blue

Taehyung stared down at the small envelope swaddled between his large hands. The dog ears at the corners mocking him as he gently fiddled at one of the coloured flaps, pulling his full bottom lip between his teeth.

Have you ever heard of the disease that causes flowers to grow within the lining of your lungs?

Hanahaki Disease.

      Stemming from the ache of a one sided love affair, the most beautiful flowers in the root of love then embeds themselves within you. Uprooting everything you've ever lived for, you've ever wanted to have, to love. As beautiful as this may seem, the flower petals will drip maliciously from the tip of your tongue, your breathing often times laboured and your heart will hurt worse than your sore throat from the thorns.

A vile sin that causes heartache, a type of pain that never disappears without the eternal grasp of true love. Each petal falling with the sweetest nectar of a broken trust, love and one's true self. Once you've lost your love, the thorns claw their way to your throat and turns your whole world upside. Upsetting the balance of who you thought you once were.

Now you're not you, but rather a sac of dying soil with the budding deficit of flowers blooming from your pain. They say to remove this beautiful disease is to remove your love. By any means necessary.

Taehyung took a deep breath, he often felt as if he had that disease, but instead of flowers, he had butterflies. Tiny beautifully blue butterflies that tickle the lining of his stomach whenever HoSeok was near but turned into vicious and heart devouring moths whenever he left.

"Hyung, I know your secret," The boy whispered causing Namjoon to gasped and his eyes to widen in fear before resuming into a stone cold expression of faux confusion. "Seokjin Hyung, I know. We all know." Taehyung finished, licking his lips as he stared up at the sky, gently reaching up as if to the caress the floating and drifting clouds, almost as if he was losing his foot on the ground all over again.

    "Uh-wha-what?" Namjoon stuttered over his words, moving to stand before the boy who was still occupied with the fascinating creation, a place where he's been many of times before. The sky, off the ground. Always hanging by a string. "How did you guys know?" He almost yelled, well at least now he doesn't have to hide it from them.

    "I don't think that's the part that matters hyung," Taehyung whispered, gradually tugging on the tether that held him endlessly falling between the earth and the sky, his mind, heart and soul never being able to be in one place at a time. Now he was in even more of a limbo than before. Now his heart actually belonged to someone else apart from him, a person he feared wouldn't accept it.

"How hyung, how to do I express my love to HoSeok?" Joon paused in his tracks, a look of thought contouring his porcelain features as Taehyung slowly brought his hand down to his side, his grip tightening on the letter. "I've written this confession, yet it still doesn't feel right." He sighed in defeat, turning the mellow orange coloured envelope between his long, slender fingers.

"The form in which you express your love for him shouldn't hold you back. Love is endless and takes no form." The older boy of the two began, taking a seat on the bench beside him as they both stared up at the sky, this time instead of a bright blue, it was now turning deep, a grey type of shade hiding the clouds. "It's always now or never and that's the frightening part about love." Namjoon sighed, reflecting on the days when he was in the same boat as Taehyung.

Patting his knee gently, Taehyung wiped the sweat from his palms as the envelope his back pocket slowly burned a hole through the material, taunting him in a sick and vile way. Apprehensively, he brings his knuckle to the door and gently rapped against the bright yellow wood.

Minutes passed before the door slowly creeped open to reveal a disheveled looking HoSeok, his eyes barely open with his hair in disarray. Taehyung had to fight the urge to run his long fingers through the locks and place a kiss to his forehead.

"Tae? What's up?" HoSeok's voice was deep and rough with sleep even though the sun was now at it's highest point in the sky. HoSeok was crept away in the farthest part of his room, thoughts of perfect pink lips leaving kisses against his delicate skin invading his mind as he struggled to find a grasp on reality. "What are you doing here?"

"HoSeokie Hyung, never mind that... I have something to tell you." This time with much difficulty, the boy wet his chapped lips before clearing his throat, taking one last glance at his crush before him as if what he was about to say would cause the earth to split in half and his love to falter. It was within this moment, Taehyung realised that his body was about to go through the after effects of the Hanahaki Disease, but this time with the twist of his own fears.

Losing the one he loves to the moths within.

"Hyung, I love you."