Blue Skies

"I'm Taehyung and I'm also really sorry about the ball hitting you, I guess I got a bit carried away." The person chuckled, his voice deep and full of life.

    A laugh..

I haven't heard such a melodic sound in so long, let alone mine. How could this stranger be so happy? Happy that even in an awkward situation like this, he could still find the circumstance funny enough to chuckle. His life must be glorious. Filled with love and adoration at every turn he made.

HoSeok paused, wondering how such a wind-like sound could be so beautiful. He wondered, could you fall for someone just by the sound of their voice?

The way they spoke, they laughed....

      He wondered if there was anything else about this boy that could figuratively and literally bring him to his knees. At this point, his mind was willing him to look towards him, almost as if he was a god.

Agh!!

      That doesn't make any sense! Just because the deepness of his voice that soothed his pain temporarily made him quiver at the thoughout of how beautiful he must be, doesn't make the guy a god!

Shaking his head, HoSeok pushed his over grown hair out of his face, squinting his eyes as the sun beamed heavily into them. The fault of the sun growing very inappropriate at the thought he was just battling with. A god.

There standing before him was a rather tall individual, a round smile plastered on his face, stretching from ear to ear as he stared down at him.

"Wow!" Was the very first word that flittered from the tip of his tongue because.... wow! That's all he could think. Beautiful, handsome.... and suddenly, I'm worthless, ugly, pathetic. Taking a deep breath, the boy looked away from the model like teen. Pulling his body further into the warmth of his jacket before hoping off the bench and walking away without another word.

    "Hey, hold up!" The guy yelled, chasing after HoSeok as he only sped up, keeping his head down. "Wait, my friends and I were wondering if you wanted to join us?" HoSeok's heart was thumping, beating just as rapidly as his feet were moving. He was half way across the field where his mother and sister were speaking to their friends when he felt a tug on the hood of his jacket, abruptly pulling him back.

    The boy almost went falling into the arms of the unknown when he tripped over his own two feet, knees buckling beneath him as the culprit shot his arms out, grabbing onto his waist. HoSeok's eyes were as wide as saucers when he found himself staring into the never ending sky once again.

Will this be ours?

    How blue is the sky? How blue yet so beautiful.. Something that's so intangible yet holds a strange sense of tangibility surrounding it. Life's confusing, confusing like the blue that's within me. Why am I so blue? I'm not blue like the sky, a pretty transparent blue, a blue that takes shapes, forms and changes for the better or even the worst. No, I'm a blue that's empty and lifeless, a dark blue with so much depth, fear and indecisions.

    "Hi!" HoSeok was brought back from his reverie, wide eyes that were once glazed pulling into sharp focus, focusing onto the beautiful bright blue above him. "Are you okay?" Taehyung, the guy asked as he gently pushed HoSeok into a standing position. HoSeok could only nod, gulping loudly as he licked is pale heart shaped lips. He was lying and he knew it, he's not okay.  Whether that was a deep rooted question or a general one, either way... no he was not okay.

     "So would you like to play with us?" His smile was almost like a box, a box full of hope. HoSeok couldn't help but agree, quickly forgetting about his mother and sister, their two onlookers that had the biggest smiles splattered on their faces.

    The young girl's heart swelling with optimism as her brother walked off with a fluttering heart.